2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1861 - 1869 of 1869 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Going to fix the POS passenger headlight assembly that leaks water in the rain/carwash tonight after work new assembly, ballast and seal for ballast arrived at my door at 12pm glad too because cops don't like it when you have a headlight out

·
Registered
212 Posts
Details on this? I need this for my car
These are COB LED lighting, I opted to mount these outside of the plastic there. I used the double-sided tape that came on it, but also used some zip ties to make sure they stay. You can't tell that it's mounted on the outside. I'll take a picture later to show and I'll try to find where I bought the COB LED lights from, it's was over a year from purchase to install. If I remember correctly, I found out about these COB's from another thread, I'll try to find that also.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
These are COB LED lighting, I opted to mount these outside of the plastic there. I used the double-sided tape that came on it, but also used some zip ties to make sure they stay. You can't tell that it's mounted on the outside. I'll take a picture later to show and I'll try to find where I bought the COB LED lights from, it's was over a year from purchase to install. If I remember correctly, I found out about these COB's from another thread, I'll try to find that also.
where did you wire them to? the light already in the hatch?

·
Registered
212 Posts
where did you wire them to? the light already in the hatch?
Yes, so you can use the original switch. I used some eyelet connectors to mount and still maintain the light in the original spot. I can send you a pic of what I used if you like.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Spent over 15 hours detailing the car; machine polished the windshield, washed, clayed, machine polished all the paint, and applied a sealant. Also cleaned up the wheels, and applied protectant to all the rubber and plastic.

Looks better than new, and it's ready for winter!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got some new shoes put on today, Continental ControlContact Sport AS in 235 / 45 R17.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I spent the entire day detailing the new car (which I had requested that the dealer NOT do), as follows...

Window stickers and residual adhesive on the exterior paint came off, as did the front license plate bracket and rear dealer advertising; then the badges; next an extremely thorough wash; after that an hour polishing up the tailpipes; checking the tire pressures; a little light polish; started the clay bar work (to be continued tomorrow before applying two coats of Rejex); detailed the wheels and tires; installed the floor mats and boot cover; programmed many of the menu settings; and set up the Homelink for the garage door. I love this car.

1861 - 1869 of 1869 Posts