2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1821 - 1840 of 1869 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Began the somewhat cathartic process of returning the skyactiv to stock.
Selling it?

Edit: I see you're making room for a new Golf R. Congrats!

Reactions: tastic

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Selling it?

Edit: I see you're making room for a new Golf R. Congrats!

Thanks. Hoping to be in your part of the NW next summer...maybe I'll see you at one of those races you attend. I will call you out, and then watch your taillights get small lol! ?

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,825
Got wheels for the 3, then chilled with the lvmazda crew. August 15 will be sweet... our send away cruise party for summer

What's their specs? Why are they still in a box? Get those on now! SPEND!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my intake box resonator off, added a 2"flex pipe to it that leads to front of the bumper opening and installed a drop in K/N filter

·
Registered
3 Posts
No pics, I was in a hurry. Im new to the forum. I need to get used to taking pics and posting the stuff. But the car felt smoother under acceleration, the inlet piping from that airbox is super restricted from factory.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks. Hoping to be in your part of the NW next summer...maybe I'll see you at one of those races you attend. I will call you out, and then watch your taillights get small lol! ?
Or just compete on the autoX for nearly the same lap times!

Reactions: tastic

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Last night cleaned my throttle body, MAF and intake lines. This is what happens when your non car guy cousin helped you out he manage to accidently drop the wrench and went inside the intake, took me about good 30 mins try to get it out.

*Excuse the dirty engine bay.*
Yep that big wrench slid inside the intake.
1440617737308.jpg

Then today since its my day off took a morning drive to Mt charleston just 40mins north of vegas
1440617890222.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I parked the car just outside the driveway in front of my house to get another car out of the driveway. Later in the day, wife says "There's a note on your windshield". Ticket? nah. Seems someone visiting the neighbor across the street backed her SUV into my 6 month old car. Mashed the front quarter panel, front bumper, and rim. Piss me off! At least she left a note.

Her State Farm insurance covered it, but only for "used" parts. WTF? < 6 months old & < 4K miles. Fortunately the repair shop I went to was one a mazda dealer used so he got new parts at "used" part prices. Still, the front bumper color looks a smidge off in direct sun.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Dang sucks to hear that. Yeah laying paint on plastic vs metal will yield different results especially when they're side by side. White is very noticeable. Any multi-layer coat paint will really show.

I would go to Statefarm and back-hand everyone there for telling you they're gonna slap on used parts on your car. It's not like your car was made in the early 90s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Give it a few months and the new paint should dull and start blending with the rest of the body paint a bit better. I got rear ended so a new rear bumper was installed. I freaked a bit due to the contrast between the white paint on the bumper and body but they blended after a while and I now I hardly notice it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't do it today. Actually had it for a couple months. But i wanted some oem looking drl's

1821 - 1840 of 1869 Posts