2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 1869 Posts

·
GotMeOne
15 Posts
@GonnaGetMe1

Funny that you mention sound, I have been looking around at exhaust options but all seem pretty pricey. This is also why I chose springs over coilovers, didn't want to spend that much money right now. And I appreciate the MPG with my daily commute, don't want to mess that up. Regarding 18" wheels, I like the looks but worry that the lower sidewall will make for a much harder ride. My first effort may be to dip the stock wheels, but probably new (17") wheels at the first tire change. Almost forgot to add how much of a difference the rear sway bar made (mine is JBR) - corners like it's on rails now. Pic should be attached to this message if I did it right... Hope you enjoy your '13 Sky as much as I have my '12!
Nice! That's what I'm looking for. Subtle. Somewhere on here I saw a guy that managed to stuff a magna flow muffler in with stock tubing, for the express purpose of better mileage. Sounded nice, but fitment issues require some signifigant welding and some massaging with a BFH. Not sure I want to pound on anything just yet. And yeah, I worry about ride quality also. And the fact that, as of right now, I don't know if there is a way to recalibrate the speedo after changing wheels / tires. I think a decent set of tires will take care of the ride, if I stay with a 40 or 45 aspect ratio. A 35 would would probably match stock diameter pretty close, but, not sure my ass would appreciate it. Just really like the look of the larger wheels. But for now, might go the same way, and Plasti-Dip the stockers til I get the suspension sorted.
Anyway, like the looks of your ride, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
If you want a subtle exhaust, wait until a little further into spring and Racing Beat will be coming out with a skyactiv specific exhaust.

That's what I am waiting on as I love the sound of the reg. 2.0L exhaust

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got the front cabin windows tinted to match the rear. 15% all around. Now, just need to drop the stance a little and do something about those Wheels!
Get some black wheels. I put these 17" Sparco Asseto Gara's on with Hankook V12 Rubbers and the car handles a lot better than stock, and the wheels are lighter.

I will add more pics once I can wash and wax it.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought an "M" off of ebay, but it was not contoured to the trunk of my 3... Just didn't work.

I dremelled my factory "M" to look like the Monster Mazda "M!" Came out pretty good I think.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Mazda emblem will leave 3 holes in the trunk.

The 3 and SkyActiv badge are just the foam tape stuff and should come off cleanly. I'd like to fully debadge my car but am hesitant due to those holes.
Mine has 2 :tongue: I took it off to cut the emblem. I am thinking it would look nice with just the "M"... Any other thoughts?

441 - 460 of 1869 Posts