2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2041 - 2060 of 2061 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
you got 50k out of oem tires from mazda? wow my dad's 14 6 has under 40k and his dunlops are almost bald!
I did! They're still just fine on treads outside of cupping on the outside of one tire. I'm pretty sure that's a result of my alignment woes post track-day, and driving the 1700 miles home at 80 mph.

These tires have a few autox's on them as well. The vast majority of my driving is highway, mind you.

Also, the 3's base tires are 600 tread-wear. I'm not sure about the 6's, but I know the 19" wheel option is a softer compound. My dad's '16 6 GT tires didn't last more than 40k.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I did! They're still just fine on treads outside of cupping on the outside of one tire. I'm pretty sure that's a result of my alignment woes post track-day, and driving the 1700 miles home at 80 mph.

These tires have a few autox's on them as well. The vast majority of my driving is highway, mind you.

Also, the 3's base tires are 600 tread-wear. I'm not sure about the 6's, but I know the 19" wheel option is a softer compound. My dad's '16 6 GT tires didn't last more than 40k.
yeah he had the touring with 19"ers and i think the treadwear was like 400 the thinner sidewalls on the 19" tires dont help either considering his tread started out with less depth

·
Registered
22 Posts
Backjoy device helps?

Try Backjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
So does this device actually help? For me, I find these add-ons take up too much room pushing my torso forward closer to the steering wheel and totally messes up my seating position.

I have not found a position in this car where I can sit comfortably.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
So does this device actually help? For me, I find these add-ons take up too much room pushing my torso forward closer to the steering wheel and totally messes up my seating position.

I have not found a position in this car where I can sit comfortably.
It has worked for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It has worked for me.

This is actually a "seat", not a lumbar support. I have issues with the total lack of lumbar support in my leather seat. How does it help you? I already have limited headroom in the car with the seat at its lowest height possible.

Are the cloth seats more comfortable?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
This is actually a "seat", not a lumbar support. I have issues with the total lack of lumbar support in my leather seat. How does it help you? I already have limited headroom in the car with the seat at its lowest height possible.

Are the cloth seats more comfortable?
More here:
https://www.losethebackpain.com/backorthotic/

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
Installed a James Barone Racing weighted cylindrical shift knob in black with silver text to replace my broken stock shift knob - shifts significantly smoother now with the extra weight!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
256 Posts
I am actually looking at trying something new from NGK ... higher sparking plugs ...iridium to a new level or rather new metal compound. NGK Ruthenium HX with DFE (double fine electrode) maximizes ignitability for higher heat engines (engines with mods or drivers who like to track cars alot or for those enthusiasts who just like to rev it up and enjoy the sounds of their engines/exhaust) and PSPE® (projected square platinum electrode) for those supecharged 2.0L mx5 or turbo engines. They are about the same price (pennies difference) as iridium laser. I pick ed up some on clubplug.ca for $16CDN each tax in and free shipping. Im also planning to upgrade the ignition coils. 2020 Goal is to be 1/2 sec to a sec faster and drop some weight .

http://www.ngksparkplugs.ca/products...enium%20HX.cfm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up INjen SRI off AutoAnything. I am in no rush to put it on but in the end I know I am going to :yes: I would love to see a slight increase in the gas mileage of this beast. I am wondering if the sound is going to be intrusive but the car is not church quiet to begin with so what's a little extra growl right?
ahhaha

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
256 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
256 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
- Tapped power from the map lights and ran a lead down the A pillar to supply power to LED footwell lighting, a pleasant 3000k warm white. Also swapped in 3000k LED's in the map, dome and cargo lights.

- Swapped in "halo" headrests out of an '01-'05 Honda Civic
IMG_20200221_122025.jpg
IMG_20200221_122046.jpg
Screenshot_20200229-220200.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flushed the power steering fluid and done and done the second of a double oil change.
Also got the chance to fit a cheap eBay front splitter,
I'm happy with the fitment of the splitter

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's the mod I followed. Tight quarters, but otherwise a peice of cake...

2041 - 2060 of 2061 Posts