2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2041 - 2049 of 2049 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
you got 50k out of oem tires from mazda? wow my dad's 14 6 has under 40k and his dunlops are almost bald!
I did! They're still just fine on treads outside of cupping on the outside of one tire. I'm pretty sure that's a result of my alignment woes post track-day, and driving the 1700 miles home at 80 mph.

These tires have a few autox's on them as well. The vast majority of my driving is highway, mind you.

Also, the 3's base tires are 600 tread-wear. I'm not sure about the 6's, but I know the 19" wheel option is a softer compound. My dad's '16 6 GT tires didn't last more than 40k.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I did! They're still just fine on treads outside of cupping on the outside of one tire. I'm pretty sure that's a result of my alignment woes post track-day, and driving the 1700 miles home at 80 mph.

These tires have a few autox's on them as well. The vast majority of my driving is highway, mind you.

Also, the 3's base tires are 600 tread-wear. I'm not sure about the 6's, but I know the 19" wheel option is a softer compound. My dad's '16 6 GT tires didn't last more than 40k.
yeah he had the touring with 19"ers and i think the treadwear was like 400 the thinner sidewalls on the 19" tires dont help either considering his tread started out with less depth

·
Registered
22 Posts
Backjoy device helps?

Try Backjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
So does this device actually help? For me, I find these add-ons take up too much room pushing my torso forward closer to the steering wheel and totally messes up my seating position.

I have not found a position in this car where I can sit comfortably.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
So does this device actually help? For me, I find these add-ons take up too much room pushing my torso forward closer to the steering wheel and totally messes up my seating position.

I have not found a position in this car where I can sit comfortably.
It has worked for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It has worked for me.

This is actually a "seat", not a lumbar support. I have issues with the total lack of lumbar support in my leather seat. How does it help you? I already have limited headroom in the car with the seat at its lowest height possible.

Are the cloth seats more comfortable?

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
Installed a James Barone Racing weighted cylindrical shift knob in black with silver text to replace my broken stock shift knob - shifts significantly smoother now with the extra weight!

2041 - 2049 of 2049 Posts