2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2001 - 2020 of 2049 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Done tinting the windows. 20%. Then washed and clayed the body.
Doesn't it look so much nicer with the tint? I never saw the need for tint until I did it on my 1st car. After that, I was hooked. Increased privacy was a big plus while driving, and adds a nice touch to your cars look. I was able to get my doctor to sign a medical waiver (told him my pasty white skin was taking a beating from the sun), so I don't have to worry about the cops ticketing me :)

Garage Vary Lip 2013 :D
That looks super nice, props man.

------------------------------------

I installed a GPS tracker in my car, real simple setup and it's hidden pretty well in my car. The GPS unit also has a battery built in, so if the power was ever cut it would still run for days- and it also notifies me via text if the power gets cut. Only $40 on Amazon and using a 10$ pay as you go H20 GSM SIM card to transmit the GPS data if it's ever needed. H20 uses AT&T towers so it's got good reception everywhere. The $10 is good for 90 days, then it expires. Installation took 15-20 minutes. I would write a How-To on it, but I don't want
anywhere to know where I hid my tracker unit, since it's not in a usual spot ;)

------- Update: 7-3-2015 --------------

Got the inside of my headlight housing painted blue. Probably going to paint a couple other pieces on my car blue to match it, maybe the side mirror caps.

·
Registered
347 Posts
2 things...well one really. I made the final payment on the car today and while I was at work someone keyed off my 2.5 badge. I noticed it after I grocery shopped and literally used my fingers to get the rest of the adhesive off in the parking lot. LOL. Fuck it.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Installed 3rd party rear motor mount [Torque-Rear-Engine-Motor-Mount-For-Ford-Escape-Focus-13-14] $35 off ebay looks just like the ford focus st oem. [13 - 14 Focus ST OEM Genuine Ford 2.0L Turbo Engine Motor Mount Roll Restrictor ] part # CM5Z-6068-A and don't forget the ford horizontal bolt needed ie W500545-S900.. My car is an automatic and it really helps can't believe I waited almost 5 years before doing this mod. If you have a manual you really ...really need to get rid on that junk rear motor mount from mazda. After all $35 is less than a night out drinking.. less than and oil change and filter and you'll be thanking yourself that you got this done.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/181418888169-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Quick-detailed and wiped everything down after Wednesday's dusting of "rain" made the entire car gross as hell. Everything is good now and the weather better not do that again!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Replaced the stock reflectors with blacked out LED light reflectors.

I have a short 9 second video of how it looks here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrNbab9XGY

New reflectors, not lit

New reflectors, headlights on, no brakes

New reflectors, brakelights on

New reflectors, brakelights on, at night

·
Registered
51 Posts
@POQbum those look nice and bright. What brand did you go with?
I'm not sure, it was an eBay purchase. They were advertised as JDM smoked rear bumper brake lights.

I did also replace my spark plugs today. It was my first time replacing spark plugs on any vehicle and it was very simple to do, especially after the hassle of removing the rear bumper and splicing the wires in for the 2 new bumper brake lights.

I posted a short video about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCcWZrsevGc

·
Registered
221 Posts
Was actually a week ago, but came out of my house to find someone had been modding my car and didn't leave a card so I could thank them.

So the car is now in the shop, and I've got a rental. Never understood why people complained about CVT transmissions, but now that I'm using one, I totally understand...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Installed leather steering wheel, dual screen dash, leather shift knob and silver climate control knobs.
That looks sharp. Did you replace the whole steering wheel?

I hand stitched a leather wrap around mine, which looks nice and it's comfortable but doesn't look as polished as yours does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks sharp. Did you replace the whole steering wheel?

I hand stitched a leather wrap around mine, which looks nice and it's comfortable but doesn't look as polished as yours does.
I picked up the steering wheel from a junk yard with the steering column for $65.

Went back home and took off the leather steering and junked the rest of the column.

From reading old threads here, some guys had issues with the cruise control not working and they had to visit the dealer to reset that for them. personally I didn't have any issues, worked flawlessly. also wrapped it with carbon fiber texture.

2001 - 2020 of 2049 Posts