2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2049 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I guess I'll go first. Clay barred and double washed with dawn my already glazed and waxed with Carnuba car in prep for Zaino Z-2 and Z-6 polymer wax treatment. Looking for that deep, deep, deep liquid gloss look that I can never get with Carnuba on my silver MZ3. Taking obsessive compulsive (anal):blush 1: behavior to new heights for the new year.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Picked up INjen SRI off AutoAnything. I am in no rush to put it on but in the end I know I am going to :yes: I would love to see a slight increase in the gas mileage of this beast. I am wondering if the sound is going to be intrusive but the car is not church quiet to begin with so what's a little extra growl right?

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Replaced my fog light bulbs with silverstars. Much brighter. Replaced DRL with blue bulbs, looks much better the the yellow light the OEMs were putting out. Did the parking light delete. Pretty nice I only see amber when I'm signaling.

·
Registered
987 Posts
replaced a dead led in my cupholders. thank god the set i bought came w/4! damn starbucks spilled and killed the LED!

·
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I was not aware of DRL's on the Mazda or is it just specific models?
On the GT trim, they have a small "DRL" where everyone else has the high beam reflector. Mazda calls it Nagare inspired headlight accents or something like that. You can see them here...

There is just a small bulb behind the chevrons that light them up when the parking lights and/or headlights are on.

EDIT: You can see them lit up in Drew's signature right above my post.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had blue bulbs in my Nagare accents, but later switched them out and now have amber led bulbs, so they match the amber marker/turn signal.
Also a couple of pics of my LED 3rd brake light conversion

Blue Nagare
blue nagare.JPG

Amber LED Nagare
amber led nagare.JPG

LED 3rd Brake Light
led 3rd brake 1.JPG

led 3rd brake 2.JPG

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Yeah I like the blue bulbs I put in, also did the amber parking light delete. Only comes on when I signal. I had to drop the bumper to get to the fogs, and the amber bulbs. I know some say you don't have to, but I have big freakin hands.

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
I bought a few late Christmas presents for my 3 today. Ordered up a SURE Torq R3 Engine Mount, billet oil cap and washer fluid cap from Street Unit and a GodSpeed Project Duratec Intake Manifold off Amazon (knock-off Cosworth IM) for my pending tune and future engine build. I have some other goodies in the works also...but that's Top Secret ;) and will also require me to replenish my checking account :)

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
I guess I'll go first. Clay barred and double washed with dawn my already glazed and waxed with Carnuba car in prep for Zaino Z-2 and Z-6 polymer wax treatment. Looking for that deep, deep, deep liquid gloss look that I can never get with Carnuba on my silver MZ3. Taking obsessive compulsive (anal):blush 1: behavior to new heights for the new year.
Hows the detail going?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
To coats of Z-2 followed up by Z-6 after each coat gives a really wet look. Slicker than snot without the waxey to the touch feeling.. It's more optically clear than carnuba as it makes the metallic pop a little more and the clearcoat more reflective even in the shade. Easy on but not so easy off. Thinner coats are way better than thicker and a big terry beach towel turned frequently is the key to getting it off without killing yourself. I did it by hand though. If it lasts longer than carnuba then it's a winner. I've been using Mothers sealant and glaze followed up by Mothers liquid carnuba which was a pretty good combo. At twice the price Zaino just needs to out last the Mothers for me to reorder in the furure otherwise I'll move on to Wolfgang.

·
Registered
238 Posts
bringing the car in today to have the entire front end torn apart and find out why nothing lines up after being hit over a month ago. Not to happy:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
i drove the chit out of it today. had lots of fun!. i do have some SRP pedals on order so will have something worthy to post in couple of days.

gw

·
Andrew
336 Posts
i drove the chit out of it today. had lots of fun!. i do have some SRP pedals on order so will have something worthy to post in couple of days.

gw
Same here. My car shines in this 50-60 degree weather, feels like it pulls in the air much easier.

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
Hit a damn pothole going 55mph. Couldn't see any damage to rim or tire but I am worried as hell that my suspension got damaged. The car is lowered on RM 1.25, and when I turned left and right while going 50 it seemed to sway unsually. Maybe I am just over reacting but it has me worried...
Well idk if it was a pothole, my right wheel just went off the road and I felt a jolt. No vibrations in steering wheel. Can't see any damage, I'll drive it around tmrw and see if I notice anything.

·
1,091 Posts
Pulled apart some rear hatch panels. Gonna hit the electronics store tomorrow for some 24AWG cable and connectors in prep for installing LED strips on both sides. Two very useful guides here and here. Gonna run the wire under the plastic near the trunk latch to be as stealth as possible, much like this:

Also figuring out how to run wire for a rear back up camera. Camera mounts where the license plate bulb is, but the backup light is in the hatch itself (used to trigger the rear camera).

Might just do both when my Caska headunit and camera comes in the mail. ;)

·
Go Fast
222 Posts
Crawled out from under my rock (Happy New Year Everyone!!!) and tried to install the VG Sharkfin I got my MZ3 for XMas only to realize they sent me the wrong one! :argh 1: Got the Koni FSDs on order as well though.

Hope everyone is doing well so far this year! :biggrin:

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Hit a damn pothole going 55mph. Couldn't see any damage to rim or tire but I am worried as hell that my suspension got damaged. The car is lowered on RM 1.25, and when I turned left and right while going 50 it seemed to sway unsually. Maybe I am just over reacting but it has me worried...
Well idk if it was a pothole, my right wheel just went off the road and I felt a jolt. No vibrations in steering wheel. Can't see any damage, I'll drive it around tmrw and see if I notice anything.
Might want to get an alignment to see if anything is out of whack.

I ordered JBarone Shifter Bushings. Several mods to install this weekend.

1 - 20 of 2049 Posts