2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

What Did You Do To Your 2014+ Mazda 3!!

2M views 4K replies 755 participants last post by  BenM 
#1 ·
Let's get this started for the 3rd gens!! I'm definitely interested to see some modded GenPee's!

#3 ·
I think the new 3's have so much potential. I think the sedan look amazing though.

Reactions: cupic and mjack123
#6 ·
I have this solar activated transition type tint. I got the 45% shade which should darken to around 35% when in the sun, but honestly I don't think it darkens that much. It maybe gets 5% darker or so but I mainly got it for the high heat rejection for such a light tint. I didn't want the black out look like on my previous car anymore.

#10 ·
Seriously no other 2014's being lightly modded yet??

#672 ·
Soon, Very soon...I just purchased a 2014 soul red, Mazda 3 S-Grand Touring w/Tech and Appearance Package. It is still in port in Los Angeles and on its way to Arizona. When it gets there it gets transported to Salinas, California. So I still have about a week until its in my hands. I just purchased the corksport rear sway bar and springs but found out through this forum site that BC Coilovers from Gen 2 will fit so when the springs get here they get returned and BC's are on their way. Im still undecided about rim size, 18" or 19", staggered concave or no stagger and which tire size without losing the ride comfort. I'll be posting pics as soon as it's here.

#14 ·
I think there would be two mods that'd make this car real eye popping. Lowered and have a rear spoiler that lools like the speed 3

#17 ·
Reactions: 815Garage
#22 ·
So far I have the CorkSport LED kit (includes the rear license plate bulbs) and yellow Lamin-X on the fogs and turn signals. I also can't wait for the aftermarket to ramp up on this. It so needs a drop and that rear spoiler could be much more pronounced.

#649 · (Edited)
I wanted to say thanks to a few users here for their inspiration on the mods they have done to their cars and the ideas they have given me.
As thanks, I am making pics of the mods they did.

First, as you all may know is @dew111, the king of the the plastidip with his deep blue mica Mazda 3 with green plastidip covering his car.
Next is @omgitspeeb for showing how you could change the lenses (or is it the lights themselves) for the fog lights and turn signals.

@rvoll, Once I figure out how to add chrome bits to the car and make it look good, you are the next on my list.

The pictures might not be perfect, but I figured you all would still enjoy them.

I can do sideview pics that have the wheels done but it will take me a lot longer to do them than it is for me to just change the colors of things. So I can do wheels, but it may be a while before I ever get around to doing them. If you want me to try, I need some perfect side views and some perfect lighting.

REQUEST:
I also wouldn't mind if someone could get me a good picture of the front emblem plastidipped black. I don't feel like I have the correct shades/balance/lighting on the picture I've modded, the levels of reflection just seem off. I know there are a few pics of it in this thread, but they just don't show the level of detail I'm trying to get so I can emulate what I see better.

Spoiler alert: I am currently working on adding a last-gen Mazdaspeed hood scoop. It is giving me a bit of trouble because I'm having a hard time getting it to look just right, but I feel as though I am making progress.

Spoilers: I have been looking at RSX, Civic, and Integra factory-style pedestal spoilers, and I've really only been able to get the RSX Mugen spoiler to look good based on the pictures I've been able to find.

REQUEST:
I would love to try to adapt last gen's sedan spoilers onto our new model, HOWEVER, I cannot find a single picture of a 3 with a spoiler from the side or the back.
... and when I say "side" and "back/tail/rear", I mean true/perfect side & back/tail/rear views, not ones where the picture was taken at a random angle. I can post examples of the views you need to match if you are wondering what I am talking about.

So far I have the CorkSport LED kit (includes the rear license plate bulbs) and yellow Lamin-X on the fogs and turn signals. I also can't wait for the aftermarket to ramp up on this. It so needs a drop and that rear spoiler could be much more pronounced.

Attachments

#25 ·
I am having the auto-dimming mirror installed this week. Then I'll get tint and replace the interior lights, trunk, license plate, and maybe the fogs and reverse lights with LEDs. I am also thinking about getting the door scuff plates and maybe the cargo tray.

#31 ·
@zedtech Super Envious of your color. Its the exact color I wanted, but couldn't wait til after xmas to get it (ETA my dealer gave me).

Got my LED's in... They have a bit more of a blue hue to them then what i originally wanted. I'm content with them for now, but most likely looking at some 5w CREE LED's

Also got my first "No Front Plate" & Speeding tickets on the same day.

#35 ·
I'm really not looking forward to putting the front plates on :( I still haven't gotten my plates yet so I'm running without anything up front for now. I have this small registration paper taped on my windshield and said it's good for 8 months so I might just go w/o plates for 8 months haha :D

Hate this stupid mandatory front plate law!

#38 ·
So far on my Deep Blue hatch:

Yellow Lamin-x on fogs
Corksport LED kit
Morimoto HID
35% tint on rear (no tint allowed on front windows)
TWM shift knob from my 04 Mazda 3
Stubby antennae from old Mazda

Mazda rubber mats everywhere - That counts right? Hell they cost as much as all the other stuff combined!

I'll get pictures up eventually... meantime here are a couple w/ nothing really done : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ekfiwecxuy0fovb/rieIozPiJu

#42 ·
How was your HID install? Did you have to remove your bumper and lights? Where did you mount the ballasts?

#46 ·
Tried to install the 15" snow wheels/tires from my wife's old car onto her new 3. And failed. Strangely enough the fronts fit ok, but the multitude of suspension joints in back were much too close for comfort; <1mm on one of them. Yikes.

I wish I'd have thought to get 16" snow wheels and tires. I might go for 17" this time to play for the future!