2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 3548 Posts

·
OCR4LIFE
20 Posts
The cop probably noticed because it's such an eye catching nose on the car, "Damn that's a nice looking car... with no front plates!" Hits the lights.

yeah she is rather secksee :biggrin:

·
Registered
491 Posts
So far on my Deep Blue hatch:

Yellow Lamin-x on fogs
Corksport LED kit
Morimoto HID
35% tint on rear (no tint allowed on front windows)
TWM shift knob from my 04 Mazda 3
Stubby antennae from old Mazda

Mazda rubber mats everywhere - That counts right? Hell they cost as much as all the other stuff combined!

I'll get pictures up eventually... meantime here are a couple w/ nothing really done : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ekfiwecxuy0fovb/rieIozPiJu
How was your HID install? Did you have to remove your bumper and lights? Where did you mount the ballasts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How was your HID install? Did you have to remove your bumper and lights? Where did you mount the ballasts?
I may have jumped the gun in listing the xenons...they are currently being shipped to me. Looks like the front fender well needs to be removed for easier access....that being said I can remove the bulbs from the top without taking anything off. Major risk of slitting wrists on sheet metal tho!

As far as ballast etc I'll try to take some pictures when I do it and share them. Hopefully they arrive this week.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just bought a titanium flash 2014 on Friday. Boring dealer installed paint protection and such so far but I'm having the roof wrapped on the 22

·
Registered
84 Posts
The two mods I want to do are the following:

Lower my SGT about 1-1.5inchs (no official lowering kits are available yet)
Then add 19inch rims.

Attachments

·
Tiny Member
239 Posts
Tried to install the 15" snow wheels/tires from my wife's old car onto her new 3. And failed. Strangely enough the fronts fit ok, but the multitude of suspension joints in back were much too close for comfort; <1mm on one of them. Yikes.

I wish I'd have thought to get 16" snow wheels and tires. I might go for 17" this time to play for the future!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nokya Hyper Yellows put in. DRLs were put in high beam mode because they won't turn on unless you're in drive.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I am very interested to see what kind of results you get. If you can eek a little more power out and keep up the mileage, I would be all for getting one of those too.
There's no real power gain out of it, nor any sound difference. Maybe slightly louder growl. I didn't really expect much difference. I do notice throttle response feels smoother and quicker, just like when I swapped out the filter on my previous car.

I might return it and get this

http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=235_258&products_id=594

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's no real power gain out of it, nor any sound difference. Maybe slightly louder growl. I didn't really expect much difference. I do notice throttle response feels smoother and quicker, just like when I swapped out the filter on my previous car.

I might return it and get this

http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=235_258&products_id=594
That filter seems interesting, since I was planning on swapping out my OEM filter anyway for something that allowed more airflow. I was considering an SRI, but if that drop-in filters as much as it claims to, while still providing a significant increase in airflow compared to the OEM filter, then I might just grab that instead and save myself the trouble of buying and installing an SRI.

Let me know how it goes if you decide to switch out your K&N!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That filter seems interesting, since I was planning on swapping out my OEM filter anyway for something that allowed more airflow. I was considering an SRI, but if that drop-in filters as much as it claims to, while still providing a significant increase in airflow compared to the OEM filter, then I might just grab that instead and save myself the trouble of buying and installing an SRI.

Let me know how it goes if you decide to switch out your K&N!

I just pre-ordered the filter so probably get it some time next month. Will let ya'll know how it works out compared to the K&N filter. I think sri will still give you more sound and power gain tho. I don't plan on getting any intake so I'm just trying to find the best air filter to use.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just pre-ordered the filter so probably get it some time next month. Will let ya'll know how it works out compared to the K&N filter. I think sri will still give you more sound and power gain tho. I don't plan on getting any intake so I'm just trying to find the best air filter to use.
Saw this today while looking for a reusable filter for the MZ3s, looks sweet. Gonna preorder mine soon. I like the fact that it's a dryflow filter and not a KN oiled filter. I'm tired of having to re-oil my filters after washing them.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Saw this today while looking for a reusable filter for the MZ3s, looks sweet. Gonna preorder mine soon. I like the fact that it's a dryflow filter and not a KN oiled filter. I'm tired of having to re-oil my filters after washing them.
Yeah same here, actually I just don't want to bother having to re-oil them lol

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had this the first day I bought it, didn't take pics til now. Figured I'd spice up the interior a bit to match the red stitching.

8000K 55w HIDs came in today as well. So I'll have those installed tomorrow with pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Did this the other day... on the bottom right of the front bumper. You can't see it unless you bend down, but it holy hell am I ever mad! (That crack on the top is just 3M tape).

So my driveway is on the right side, and my neighbour's side is on the left. My roommate blocked me in (I was standing next to his car taking the picture below), and I had to manoeuvre onto my neighbour's driveway to back out (which I do on a regular basis). They usually leave me enough room to get out, but this time they parked way too close to my side of the driveway, so I had to back out at a sharper angle, until the right side of my bumper rubbed up against the concrete barrier wall on the side of my driveway. :argh 1:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
^^ I feel less bad for scraping my rim today while parallel parking lol

I did that on my previous car only after a couple weeks of owning it but car was black so can't really see the scraped up bottom.

41 - 60 of 3548 Posts