2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 3553 Posts

·
OCR4LIFE
20 Posts
So far I have the CorkSport LED kit (includes the rear license plate bulbs) and yellow Lamin-X on the fogs and turn signals. I also can't wait for the aftermarket to ramp up on this. It so needs a drop and that rear spoiler could be much more pronounced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the Lamin-x looks good!

Did you order a kit for that or just cut it from some leftovers?

The sooner springs/coilovers come out the better...looks like a crossover SUV right now!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am having the auto-dimming mirror installed this week. Then I'll get tint and replace the interior lights, trunk, license plate, and maybe the fogs and reverse lights with LEDs. I am also thinking about getting the door scuff plates and maybe the cargo tray.

·
@Its_LouieV
119 Posts
@zedtech Super Envious of your color. Its the exact color I wanted, but couldn't wait til after xmas to get it (ETA my dealer gave me).

Got my LED's in... They have a bit more of a blue hue to them then what i originally wanted. I'm content with them for now, but most likely looking at some 5w CREE LED's

Also got my first "No Front Plate" & Speeding tickets on the same day.

·
@Its_LouieV
119 Posts
Haha awesome! I take it he didn't care that it looks so much better without the plate!
Nope. I would have gotten out of it too if my dealer hadn't messed up the date on my paperwork or if I had the plate and frame in the car. Overall the cop was real cool, I should have gotten 3 tix, and he gave me a warning on the speeding when he could have given me a $375 ticket for speeding in a construction zone while no workers are present. But I think I did a great job getting out of the other 2 considering the cops in that city are notorious for being a-holes.

·
OCR4LIFE
20 Posts
Haha awesome! I take it he didn't care that it looks so much better without the plate!

I don't have the front plate on mine either (even tho the lawman says we have to in MD) and don't ya know I got pulled over just THIS morning for not having one? 3 years I never had a front plate on my RX-8... 2 weeks with this new 3 and BAM.

At least I got a warning. phew. Woulda been a lousy way to start a Monday.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm really not looking forward to putting the front plates on :( I still haven't gotten my plates yet so I'm running without anything up front for now. I have this small registration paper taped on my windshield and said it's good for 8 months so I might just go w/o plates for 8 months haha :D

Hate this stupid mandatory front plate law!

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I'm really not looking forward to putting the front plates on :( I still haven't gotten my plates yet so I'm running without anything up front for now. I have this small registration paper taped on my windshield and said it's good for 8 months so I might just go w/o plates for 8 months haha :D

Hate this stupid mandatory front plate law!
I might be able to help with a tow hook mount. Check my build thread for some pictures of the prototype.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I might be able to help with a tow hook mount. Check my build thread for some pictures of the prototype.
Yeah I thought about relocating it but with my OCD I need it centered or have one on each side lol Yeah it bugs me to see plates on the side haha

Like what you've done to your car tho :thumbup1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far on my Deep Blue hatch:

Yellow Lamin-x on fogs
Corksport LED kit
Morimoto HID
35% tint on rear (no tint allowed on front windows)
TWM shift knob from my 04 Mazda 3
Stubby antennae from old Mazda

Mazda rubber mats everywhere - That counts right? Hell they cost as much as all the other stuff combined!

I'll get pictures up eventually... meantime here are a couple w/ nothing really done : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ekfiwecxuy0fovb/rieIozPiJu

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't have the front plate on mine either (even tho the lawman says we have to in MD) and don't ya know I got pulled over just THIS morning for not having one? 3 years I never had a front plate on my RX-8... 2 weeks with this new 3 and BAM.

At least I got a warning. phew. Woulda been a lousy way to start a Monday.
The cop probably noticed because it's such an eye catching nose on the car, "Damn that's a nice looking car... with no front plates!" Hits the lights.

21 - 40 of 3553 Posts