2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3801 - 3820 of 3822 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Where are you? If Asheville, I believe I saw you one time. Specifically paid attention to your spoiler...
I'm right outside of Charlotte and make it up to Asheville every now and again. The spoiler is from the Mazda Aero Kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazdaspeed Body Kit, Mazdaspeed Rear Bumper Step Plate, Genuine Optional LED Fog Lamp, Genuine Door Mirror Blue Wide Lens, Genuine Fuel Filler Decal, Ken Style Door Mirror Garnish, Scuff Plate and Aluminum Pedal of Unknown Manufacturer, Genuine Europe Center Bent Louver Shutter, Android auto connect system, TV camper release kit, Black signature wing of Unknown manufacturer, Door locker cover, etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Wheel spacers. I went with the extended stud option. I have 12mm in the front and 15mm in the rear. Wheels are OEM and the tires are 225/45/18.
I couldn’t be happier. The wheels sit about 3mm inset from the top of the fender.

Im happy to walk you through the process if you have questions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
2014 GT 2.5 with Tech Package. Godspeed track springs (1 inch drop), 15mm billet spacers on all 4 corners, Bilstien shocks, moog 22ml sway bar ends, Pedal Commander, Megan racing strut brace, rear seat interior raceland stiffening brace, 80ml soundproofing everywhere, full door gasket seal, belsee BM 313 android head unit, Borla cat back stainless, AES sealed COI, Potenza ultra performance tires, slotted and drilled rotors and carbon fiber-ceramic pads.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice build!

Edited 8 May 2021
PS I really like the custom wheel finish you've chosen. The red accent stripe really sets off the wheels against the dark background colors, and picks up the red in the taillights. It looks bold but subtle, without being "over the top" IMO. Well done!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
37 Posts
Mazdaspeed Body Kit, Mazdaspeed Rear Bumper Step Plate, Genuine Optional LED Fog Lamp, Genuine Door Mirror Blue Wide Lens, Genuine Fuel Filler Decal, Ken Style Door Mirror Garnish, Scuff Plate and Aluminum Pedal of Unknown Manufacturer, Genuine Europe Center Bent Louver Shutter, Android auto connect system, TV camper release kit, Black signature wing of Unknown manufacturer, Door locker cover, etc.
Sounds awesome, any pics?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question about the black lower sill moldings: Does the finish match that of the upper window moldings (matt), or are they glossy plastic like the chrome you took off?
The "sheen" of the new moldings very closely matches the sheen of the window surround. I won't say it is matte, its more of a satin finish. If you clay bar and degrease the window surround it will match the new moldings.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The "sheen" of the new moldings very closely matches the sheen of the window surround. I won't say it is matte, its more of a satin finish. If you clay bar and degrease the window surround it will match the new moldings.
Are they plastic or metal?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pics :)

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
734 Posts
View attachment 281726

Wheel spacers. I went with the extended stud option. I have 12mm in the front and 15mm in the rear. Wheels are OEM and the tires are 225/45/18.
I couldn’t be happier. The wheels sit about 3mm inset from the top of the fender.

Im happy to walk you through the process if you have questions.
These tires are a bit thicker/taller than OEM since you went with 225. Any difference in comfort? Is it enough to make the ride smoother instead of going to 17"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
These tires are a bit thicker/taller than OEM since you went with 225. Any difference in comfort? Is it enough to make the ride smoother instead of going to 17"?
I had 17" wheels on my 2014 Mazda 3 Touring. I feel the combination of a marginally taller / wider tire and going for a top of the line tire means the ride with the 17" is no better or worse than the 18". The 2.5 revs slower than the 2.0, but sticky tires really high lights the difference. You may gain some "zip" with the MUCH lighter 17" wheels, but they don't look as good.

3801 - 3820 of 3822 Posts