2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3781 - 3797 of 3797 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
What model/trim level are they for and how difficult are they to swap out?
These are the base model moldings. They are really easy to swap out. I have done this twice and broke the old moldings getting them out each time. The small pieces of plastic left in the door does not rattle.

When installing the new ones pay attention to how the rubber tucks in behind the trim for the mirror. That will make more sense when you are standing in front of it.

The part numbers posted are the correct part numbers, I was on mobile when I posted the pictures... so cut and paste is a pain.

Have some warm soap and water ready to clean the door before installing the new pieces. Also, make sure you get them seated properly. After the clips snap in you will need to snap the trim to the sheet metal of the door.

·
Registered
187 Posts
These are the base model moldings. They are really easy to swap out. I have done this twice and broke the old moldings getting them out each time. The small pieces of plastic left in the door does not rattle.

When installing the new ones pay attention to how the rubber tucks in behind the trim for the mirror. That will make more sense when you are standing in front of it.

The part numbers posted are the correct part numbers, I was on mobile when I posted the pictures... so cut and paste is a pain.

Have some warm soap and water ready to clean the door before installing the new pieces. Also, make sure you get them seated properly. After the clips snap in you will need to snap the trim to the sheet metal of the door.
Did you break the chrome moldings themselves or the retention clips taking them off? I'd kinda' like to hang on to the old moldings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you break the chrome moldings themselves or the retention clips taking them off? I'd kinda' like to hang on to the old moldings.
Good luck. Since this was my second time doing this i thought i would try and save the moldings, but the retention clips all broke. If you wanted to put them back on you could use 3m trim tape.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good luck. Since this was my second time doing this i thought i would try and save the moldings, but the retention clips all broke. If you wanted to put them back on you could use 3m trim tape.
Are the retention clips part of the molding? I would think they would be separate. BTW, I just checked an online Mazda parts site and the Japan built cars take different part number moldings (which are considerably cheaper!:mad:) than Mexico built cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got some new shoes.... :) Mounted them and love them!

·
Mazda Fresher
125 Posts
I got those same shoes several months ago when Costco got them in. I like them a LOT compared to the OEM Dunlops. Amazing tire.

·
Registered
cx5
1 Posts

Have some warm soap and water ready to clean the door before installing the new pieces.Also, make sure you get them seated properly. After the clips snap in you will need to snap the trim to the sheet metal of the door.
I followed exactly what you said. successful! thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Swapped the antenna on my GS for an OEM shark fin antenna last weekend. Just a cosmetic upgrade. Got my honeycomb grill + 3pc splitter off aliexpress the other week....just waiting for a warm day to put it on

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just did it a few days ago!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk
Looks good! Same 3pc splitter you see everyone on ebay/aliexpress? How did it go, and did you do anything differently to ensure it doesn't fall off? Everything I read said the self-tapping screws they send wont' do any good. Was thinking of using bolts+nuts instead

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks good! Same 3pc splitter you see everyone on ebay/aliexpress? How did it go, and did you do anything differently to ensure it doesn't fall off? Everything I read said the self-tapping screws they send wont' do any good. Was thinking of using bolts+nuts instead
Thanks! Yes, that's exactly what I installed (less than 30 bucks). And yes again, I used bolts and nuts to fix it strongly to the bumper. You will have to partially remove the skid plate to drill and insert the bolts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! Yes, that's exactly what I installed (less than 30 bucks). And yes again, I used bolts and nuts to fix it strongly to the bumper. You will have to partially remove the skid plate to drill and insert the bolts!

Thanks! I'm actually planning to remove the full bumper so I can install the grille and I'll be adding the splitter at the same time. Would you know what size nuts & bolts you used?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks! I'm actually planning to remove the full bumper so I can install the grille and I'll be adding the splitter at the same time. Would you know what size nuts & bolts you used?
Sure. See attached pictures.

By the way, don't forget to use some washers!

3781 - 3797 of 3797 Posts