2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3761 - 3780 of 3797 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
After three winters rolling on 16 inch black steelies, my Nokian Hakka R2 had rolled their last miles. Tired of looking at steelies with hubcaps (winter mode is a sad look for cars), I searched for 18 inch winters.

Found them yesterday, installed them today. Barely used Toyo G3 Ice for the price of 16 inch Michelin X Ice.

Now the car looks decent for ski season.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My hood struts arrived today and it took one YouTube DIY, about 15 minutes and one cut finger (my fault) to get them installed. One thing I definitely like is the fact they hold the hood up about 2-3 inches higher than the prop rod and while that doesn't sound like much, it makes a big difference. They took about three weeks to get to West Coast USA from The Philippines via China.

You may purchase them here.

Aftermarket Hood Struts by Andrew, on Flickr
He makes a strut for the new sedan trunk. So awesome thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
36 Posts
After 3 months of searching and back and forth with Google Translate, I was able to receive my new folding mirror window switch from Vietnam!

This is from a CX-5 which should have the same wiring as the BN Mazda 3 window switch. The window switch that has the L and R at the bottom of the mirror control has different wiring as it is for the BM.

Finding this with the chrome tipped buttons, LHD driver auto window only, power door lock switch, and L and R at the top of the dial was nearly impossible, but here it is!

For anyone interested, PM me and I can connect you with the vendor.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
717 Posts
Installed mud guards.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know I almost bought the Fumoto instead but wasn't comfortable with how far it protrudes, not too much of a gap between the original drain plug and the undertray covering it. got way too many speed humps where I live and wanna drop the car at some point and didn't fancy the chance of knocking against it & potentially ripping it off. I'm also familiar with the design of the stahlbus as it's the exact same principle as what I install and use in the military aviation industry so helped swing me that way. When you factor in that the stahlbus comes with the tubing to directly connect, doesn't need the additional spacer for the recessed sump nut location the price kinda levelled out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i added these chrome trim pieces for the front grill and that back side horizontal chrome trim and it made my car look more classy. installed these practically within weeks of getting my '17 hatch in early 2017. Quality on these ebay purchased items from China are very good !

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
After 3 months of searching and back and forth with Google Translate, I was able to receive my new folding mirror window switch from Vietnam!

This is from a CX-5 which should have the same wiring as the BN Mazda 3 window switch. The window switch that has the L and R at the bottom of the mirror control has different wiring as it is for the BM.

Finding this with the chrome tipped buttons, LHD driver auto window only, power door lock switch, and L and R at the top of the dial was nearly impossible, but here it is!

For anyone interested, PM me and I can connect you with the vendor.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
Would love the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 sedan that I've done a decent amount to so far. I've put in a cold air intake, side window Louvers, tint, axel back exhaust, new grill, painted gold accents and badges, front lip (got ripped off), side skirts, painted break calipers, added gold covers to A/C and media knob, modded the infotainment system to add start up animations as well as other changes, created a prototype adapter for information system to use a Galaxy Tab 6 as a custom head unit, license plate relocator kit, RGB LED lights under the seats, and LED headlights, and RGB running lights.
I think that is is so far lol. I have big plans for this car. If anyone has questions please ask.

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts
I think these are what you are looking for-
been posted hereabouts many times...

BHN9-50-660D Belt Molding, RIGHT

BHN9-50-670D Belt Molding, LEFT

BHN9-50-650C Belt Molding, LEFT

BHN9-50-640C Belt Molding, RIGHT

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think these are what you are looking for-
been posted hereabouts many times...

BHN9-50-660D Belt Molding, RIGHT

BHN9-50-670D Belt Molding, LEFT

BHN9-50-650C Belt Molding, LEFT

BHN9-50-640C Belt Molding, RIGHT
What model/trim level are they for and how difficult are they to swap out?

3761 - 3780 of 3797 Posts