2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3741 - 3760 of 3760 Posts

·
Super Moderator
697 Posts
Haven't done it but ordered Eibach springs, OEM all weather mats, mud guards, and side skirts.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My hood struts arrived today and it took one YouTube DIY, about 15 minutes and one cut finger (my fault) to get them installed. One thing I definitely like is the fact they hold the hood up about 2-3 inches higher than the prop rod and while that doesn't sound like much, it makes a big difference. They took about three weeks to get to West Coast USA from The Philippines via China.

You may purchase them here.

Aftermarket Hood Struts by Andrew, on Flickr

·
Registered
206 Posts
These hood struts are fairly universal, generic parts that should be readily available at local auto part stores. Would you mind posting the strut length measurements, from the center of the clevis to the center of the socket, in both the collapsed and extended states?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
35 Posts
Just a friendly reminder: when reinstalling your front bumper, remember the fog light dummy plugs will not illuminate your fog lights. This may cause you to spend 2 days thinking you blew a fuse and cursing the Mazda gods when all you have to do is plug into the correct connector...😵

·
Registered
35 Posts
Installed the backup camera cleaner today. Pretty simple install and works well. It is the little black plastic piece hooked over the top of the camera. When you put the car in reverse it will pulse 5 puffs of air out of the plastic piece which pushes water off the lens!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting. Got a link for it?
You'll most likely need to import the parts:

BM02V7545 - Mounting kit for BM/BN Mazda 3
C900V7540 - Air pulsing actuator

I got mine from vendors on Yahoo Japan:
Mounting Kit - https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/hyogoparts_bm02v7545/category/
Actuator - https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/marucorp_C900V7540-CX3

I was able to get the install instructions as well which are not included. If anyone needs them let me know. I also have the install instructions for the DRL kit and the LED Overhead Console kit as well.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda3 Sport
9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
...fog light shrouds? Doesn't the GT come with fog lights? They look stock.
Yea I mean just the black plastic piece around the bulb. So I guess the bezel maybe it's called. Either way mine were damaged from previous owner so I figured to replace them when I did the lip.

·
Super Moderator
697 Posts
Let my wife drive it to Charlotte...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that the OEM lip? the only lips i can find on ebay are much too aggressive
Yup, part number:

QBM2-50-AH0A-S5 for the black with silver inserts like I have.
QBM2-50-AH0A-51 for the same lip fully jet black, no silver inserts.

There's also one with blue inserts and one with red inserts but I don't have the part numbers on hand at the moment.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda3 Sport
9 Posts

3741 - 3760 of 3760 Posts