2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3701 - 3715 of 3715 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
19 Posts
darin180sx,
Thanks for sharing your midification, and its parts list. Is the engine sound (or any other sound) noticably muted after installing this kit?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Definitely not noticeable so far for me. The insulator is not very thick so if it does anything for engine sound I really haven't heard any change.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Today I installed the OEM footwell lighting kit. The LEDs are dimmed when the headlights are on and bright when doors are opened. The switch looks absurd but I'm a sucker for OEM. The LEDs are tiny, I took a pic under the dash for size reference, the bulbs can't be seen while driving.

I also upgraded to the frameless auto-dimming homelink mirror. Always disliked the massive thick frame on the stock one. I really like the lights in the glass surface itself. Looks very modern.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Installed new LED lights from Lasfit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed Speedline hoodstruts and Heatshield windshield cover.

Also got tired of my center console tray sliding around so I put some velcro strips at the back of it to keep it in place. Its rock solid now and comes out just as easy as normal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have to drill holes for that or use existing ones?
All existing, took maybe 5min to install, you remove 2 bolts and put the brackets and reinstall the bolts before connecting the struts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
All existing, took maybe 5min to install, you remove 2 bolts and put the brackets and reinstall the bolts before connecting the struts.
And I assume they fit well with no tendency to lift the trailing edge of the hood when closed? (This used to be a problem on some of these installations.)

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,271 Posts
Also got tired of my center console tray sliding around so I put some velcro strips at the back of it to keep it in place. Its rock solid now and comes out just as easy as normal.
Thanks for the tip on the center console tray. That's a good idea.
CK

Reactions: darin180sx

·
Registered
19 Posts
And I assume they fit well with no tendency to lift the trailing edge of the hood when closed? (This used to be a problem on some of these installations.)
Not that I've noticed, it all looks as flush with the fenders as before the install.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Made some dark brown felt liners for the door car pockets, not 100% happy with them yet, still have some adjustments to make but the dark brown goes well with the brown leather.

Also put BP Mazda3 badge and BP skyactive-g badge on the hatch. I like the simpler, non italic look of these.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I found it odd (and a bit irritating) that there was nothing on the car showing what trim level it was. After all, I paid good money to step up to the top-of-the-line GT. And what did I get? A Skyactiv badge that means little or nothing to most people. So...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Decided to make my own plate relocation bracket.
Held on very firmly with 3 big zip ties.

It is from a 2014-2017 Nissan Versa Note:

Only $15 and works great! All I had to do was dremel a little bit out of the long middle prong that sticks out the back, it slides around the lower post on our grill snugly (picture 3 shows it).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice. I never could understand why Mazda couldn't come up with a better solution than placing it right smack-dab in the center of the grill. Fortunately, having never run a front Calif plate for over 50 years, I don't worry about such things.

3701 - 3715 of 3715 Posts