2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
3701 - 3720 of 3895 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
70 Posts
darin180sx,
Thanks for sharing your midification, and its parts list. Is the engine sound (or any other sound) noticably muted after installing this kit?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Definitely not noticeable so far for me. The insulator is not very thick so if it does anything for engine sound I really haven't heard any change.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Today I installed the OEM footwell lighting kit. The LEDs are dimmed when the headlights are on and bright when doors are opened. The switch looks absurd but I'm a sucker for OEM. The LEDs are tiny, I took a pic under the dash for size reference, the bulbs can't be seen while driving.

I also upgraded to the frameless auto-dimming homelink mirror. Always disliked the massive thick frame on the stock one. I really like the lights in the glass surface itself. Looks very modern.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Installed Speedline hoodstruts and Heatshield windshield cover.

Also got tired of my center console tray sliding around so I put some velcro strips at the back of it to keep it in place. Its rock solid now and comes out just as easy as normal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Made some dark brown felt liners for the door car pockets, not 100% happy with them yet, still have some adjustments to make but the dark brown goes well with the brown leather.

Also put BP Mazda3 badge and BP skyactive-g badge on the hatch. I like the simpler, non italic look of these.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Decided to make my own plate relocation bracket.
Held on very firmly with 3 big zip ties.

It is from a 2014-2017 Nissan Versa Note:

Only $15 and works great! All I had to do was dremel a little bit out of the long middle prong that sticks out the back, it slides around the lower post on our grill snugly (picture 3 shows it).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very nice. I never could understand why Mazda couldn't come up with a better solution than placing it right smack-dab in the center of the grill. Fortunately, having never run a front Calif plate for over 50 years, I don't worry about such things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed Speedline hoodstruts and Heatshield windshield cover.

Also got tired of my center console tray sliding around so I put some velcro strips at the back of it to keep it in place. Its rock solid now and comes out just as easy as normal.

Did the same thing 2 weeks after I got the car. I couldn’t deal with the noise of it sliding and all the coins hitting eachother

Edit: what’s up fellow New Jersyan

·
Registered
286 Posts
The wheels I have for my winter tires are some no-name Made-in-China steelies that I got from a local tire place in very early 2012 for my then-new Hyundai Elantra. The bolt pattern and center bore are conveniently the same as they are on the 3 so I just kept using them. However these wheels have, from new, suffered from a high-speed oscillation above about 50 mph that couldn't be balanced out and I simply couldn't live with anymore. I knew it wasn't the tires because this is the second set of Bridgestone Blizzaks they've held and the oscillation remained with the newest ones. My move to Arizona is on an indefinite hold so I will be needing my snow tires for at least another winter so today I had them mounted on a set of virtually new OEM Mazda 16" steel wheels that I got for $100 on eBay. They aren't going on the car (along with the factory 16" wheel covers) until probably around Thanksgiving so we'll have to wait and see but I'm super excited to be able to drive on the freeway without feeling like I'm on one of those things that separates rocks through a strainer.

Old steelies are at left. The new ones are much lighter!
Tire Automotive tire Black Wheel Rim

·
Your mom goes to college.
162 Posts
I found it odd (and a bit irritating) that there was nothing on the car showing what trim level it was. After all, I paid good money to step up to the top-of-the-line GT. And what did I get? A Skyactiv badge that means little or nothing to most people. So...
Where did you get that badge?

3701 - 3720 of 3895 Posts