·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Sport sedan
8 Posts
Made a few minor modifications so far.
Front bumper chrome delete (still deciding whether I like it or not) and full 25% 3M Ceramic IR tint. Also got a JBR shirt shift plate and all new bushings installed which was a great upgrade.
Lowering springs and Progress rear sway bar sitting in the garage waiting to be installed and new wheels and tires should be coming tomorrow.
Can't wait to ditch the steelies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys and girls. I apologize if this is not the appropriate post but please let me know if the firmware version EU_70.00.100A is compatible with my car. Mazda Axela (3) 2014 BM2FS. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 Sport sedan
8 Posts
Well, three of the wheels came last Friday, but apparently they split up the shipment and the last one finally arrived today. I installed the Progress rear sway bar and Racing Beat springs last weekend without any issues and then finally got the new wheels and tires on today. 18x8 +40 Enkei EKM3s with 225/45R18 Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4s. I am slightly regretting this wheel choice as it is heavier than what was advertised (close to 48lbs per corner). I think it looks pretty great, but I will be returning them.

Reactions: CerealKiller

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
206 Posts
Finally got around to painting my calipers today. I gotta say that it was a huge PITA, especially because I made the mistake of having someone spray paint them black years ago. Most of that came off right away, but enough was left behind to give me fits when prepping them for paint today. I did it right this time by using the G2 system. They definitely got a nice red gloss to them now. I just don’t want to do that again for a long time.

Reactions: Hatch-it

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Vacuumed it well, washed the edges around doors and B pillars and hatch area.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Guess what I'm doing

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Did it work? Never heard of that product before!
So far it's the only product that worked by hand. My car sat at the dealership for a year before I bought it and developed water spots all over it. Unfortunately, I didn't know this was a thing until I washed it and saw the spots.

It's too much to do by hand, so I'm getting a polisher.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
19 Posts
Finally got around to installing a glove box light, super simple and worth it.

Also installed the center vents with the closing mechanism as well.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
19 Posts
Is this a Mazda accessory? Where did you get it?
No it isn't a Mazda part, but the hole for the bulb holder is there, just need some simple parts. It was really easy to do and only involves connecting 2 wires.

I got bulb holder off amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WVRDVY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switch is a KIA part:
Genuine OEM Lamp Switch Part# 93510-21000 Fits 2001-2017 Hyundai: Up To 35% Off On Every Order And Guaranteed Fit When You Enter Your VIN | Parts Hyundai

Bulb is a 194 LED and wires were run according to this post:
Added glove box lamp

I used this little rubber pad to contact the switch when the box is closed to shut off the lamp:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8UTNY4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did not cut into the glove box surrounding plastic however. I used the blank square to the left of the glove box to mount the switch in case I ever decide to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Bought a dual action polisher and started some serious work.

3661 - 3680 of 3715 Posts