CK

Attachments

Reactions: cyclonecy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Axela and GT badges.
CK
Wow! You really liked the name Axela better than Mazda3? Brings to mind something I noticed when I was in New Zealand recently. I noticed this model Mazda either had no logo or Mazda 3 on the rear hatch. Never saw one with Axela, which made me wonder if that name was exclusively for the Aussie market?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,066 Posts
It's the official Japanese name of the 3. The cars sold in Japan have that rear badge.

I imported the badge from Japan and it's an OEM piece.

You can find replicas online in different colors too.
CK

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's a nice accent to the car. I also had a deep scratch in that area from last year so this was like a paint fix at the same time :p

My stock infotainment system can get laggy, it's pretty painful
Have you had a software update done? I was having issues with my contacts not downloading and Bluetooth streaming skipping or stopping entirely while contacts downloaded. Dealer updated to a newer firmware version per TSB 09-017/17. Not sure of the firmware version as it's not listed on the repair order but it made it much quicker and more stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, you can find my intro in the intro section!

Recently have done a license plate relocate, with a silicone license plate holder, was nice to get rid of my Mazda dealer one. This is the EOS one from ebay, it's decent quality, and you can swivel the angle of the plant (laterally)

Also did an oe aero rear spoiler. The quality is good. Is it worth the price? ($500CAD after tax) considering there are replica's out there, I don't know as I haven't compared the quality. After installing it and looking at it, it was worth it and it wasn't. i'm glad it's on there but it's not worth 500 imo.

I had also installed weathertech rain guards, but the fitment was not there, interfered with window operation, and the fronts sagged. i did some decent damage to the window chrome trim and black adhesive strip near the mirrors, very bummed out about that, as i have not installed an in channel visor before and was oblivious to the wreckage the acrylic was making while i was struggling to fit the visors in properly.

next mods to come some oe black mirror covers, metallic rear bumper guard.

View attachment 276690 View attachment 276691 View attachment 276692
get the WELL Visors...good quality polycarbonate side window guards...I've had it on my '17 gt hatch since early 2018.. check ebay or you can buy direct from their shop in California.

·
Registered
2017 mazda3 gt sport
2 Posts
Not alot, roof rack{RR} (with snowboard clamps, long roof box and basket[for summer activities]), diy air dam for RR, "rally style" diy mudflaps.
The next step is the more fun bits.
Sway bars, strut bar, maybe springs/shocks (dont want to lower it and use functionality).
Then onto the power side which I haven't decided what direction to go there yet

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
When you changed the springs, did you need to change the anti-roll bars as well?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have an app on my phone called Road Trip (iOS only...sorry Android folks) that helps me keep tabs on my fuel economy, maintenance and so on. If you specify the size of the fuel tank, it will tell you how far you could have theoretically gone if you consumed the entire tank so tonight I filled up and the car said 370 miles to E. The app said 368.

Not sure why I found that interesting but I did.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda3 Sport GT
7 Posts
Nothing crazy just yet. Just getting started with any sort of mods. Tint was the first thing and recently got a carbon fiber hood. More things are planned and on order. will post more as more happens...its a work in progress!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just installed H&R springs with Koni Special Actives.. took me a lot longer than I expected but got it done. (How do you torque down the shock mount studs to adequate value even with a pass through??) She’s nice and low now with a little less than a two finger wheel gap. I’ll know more abou the ride and handling as I drive around this week.

I still need to swap out the end links for adjustable, but have to wait until they arrive.

Before:

After:

3601 - 3620 of 3639 Posts