2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3581 - 3600 of 3639 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

New wheels. Drop coming soon.
Very nice. What are the specs? Are they lighter than OEM by any chance? I have been meaning to swap mine out for a while. I would love to drop it too but concerned that my ride is going to be rough on MA roads. But your current setup gives me hope that I would be able to pull off new shoes even without a drop.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice. What are the specs? Are they lighter than OEM by any chance? I have been meaning to swap mine out for a while. I would love to drop it too but concerned that my ride is going to be rough on MA roads. But your current setup gives me hope that I would be able to pull off new shoes even without a drop.
They are the 18s from the later model RX8’s. I thought they were the 19s but I was wrong.

Specs are the same (or extremely similar) to the stock 18s. Not sure about the weight, don’t seem much different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, you can find my intro in the intro section!

Recently have done a license plate relocate, with a silicone license plate holder, was nice to get rid of my Mazda dealer one. This is the EOS one from ebay, it's decent quality, and you can swivel the angle of the plant (laterally)

Also did an oe aero rear spoiler. The quality is good. Is it worth the price? ($500CAD after tax) considering there are replica's out there, I don't know as I haven't compared the quality. After installing it and looking at it, it was worth it and it wasn't. i'm glad it's on there but it's not worth 500 imo.

I had also installed weathertech rain guards, but the fitment was not there, interfered with window operation, and the fronts sagged. i did some decent damage to the window chrome trim and black adhesive strip near the mirrors, very bummed out about that, as i have not installed an in channel visor before and was oblivious to the wreckage the acrylic was making while i was struggling to fit the visors in properly.

next mods to come some oe black mirror covers, metallic rear bumper guard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Progress RSB

Installed a Progress Rear Sway Bar & GRP adjustable end links yesterday morning...
I have Rhino Ramps on top of purpose built 2X10 ramps which make climbing under a breeze, this allowed me to slide the bars out & in from the drivers side without removing the wheels or springs!
The handling has changed for the better, going through the roundabouts here she used to roll over onto the outside rear wheel, now it feels as if the car is rotating instead, while this is at 35-40 mph it feels more controllable
Gary
Any chance if you can share some more details if you got some time? Got a Progress sway bar and some beefier endlinks also and am trying my best to keep this simple! Dropped you a PM also, but if you rather just reply here for exposure, that's cool too!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I need to get one of those. I also want to do the aluminum pedals and I'm finally caving and leaning towards getting the CarPlay upgrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I need to get one of those. I also want to do the aluminum pedals and I'm finally caving and leaning towards getting the CarPlay upgrade.
It's a nice accent to the car. I also had a deep scratch in that area from last year so this was like a paint fix at the same time :p

My stock infotainment system can get laggy, it's pretty painful

3581 - 3600 of 3639 Posts