2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3521 - 3540 of 3547 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm in Canada. My insurance paid, my rates aren't affected, and they will go after his insurance for refund. What reason would I sue him for?
Your rates WILL be affected over time, its HIS fault, your ins should never have paid out before going after him. Plus, they carry policies that cover add'l payouts etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So you are suggesting I go without a car and without a settlement check while my insurance sues another insurance company and wait for that outcome? LOL.. one of the reasons insurance is so out of control in the US is frivolous law suits. My rates will not be affected by an accident in which I was not at fault and the other driver was charged. As a matter of fact my rates went down $21 because the 2017 I replaced it with has several safety features that were not on the 2015. I came out ahead in this situation. Isn't that enough? It is for me.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
So you are suggesting I go without a car and without a settlement check while my insurance sues another insurance company and wait for that outcome? LOL.. one of the reasons insurance is so out of control in the US is frivolous law suits. My rates will not be affected by an accident in which I was not at fault and the other driver was charged. As a matter of fact my rates went down $21 because the 2017 I replaced it with has several safety features that were not on the 2015. I came out ahead in this situation. Isn't that enough? It is for me.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Mazda Fresher
101 Posts
I laid down some mat in the trunk/cargo area of my hatch. Surprisingly fast process, but I also didn't worry about getting every inch of space either. Rumor has it that everything over 50% coverage is diminishing returns.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So after a late dinner with a friend of mine I was torn between the age old decision: surface streets or freeway? Given the late hour (right about 1 AM) and the fact I only needed to go two exits, I decided to try my luck on the major east-west road that roughly parallels the highway. I wound up recreating something that happened to me on this exact stretch back in 2017...I made every single traffic light green on my way home.

Here's a sped up compilation from the dash cam as proof. Gonna buy a Powerball ticket in the morning!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I laid down some mat in the trunk/cargo area of my hatch. Surprisingly fast process, but I also didn't worry about getting every inch of space either. Rumor has it that everything over 50% coverage is diminishing returns.

View attachment 275134
Please let us know how well it works, and which sounds it dampens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
So after a late dinner with a friend of mine I was torn between the age old decision: surface streets or freeway? Given the late hour (right about 1 AM) and the fact I only needed to go two exits, I decided to try my luck on the major east-west road that roughly parallels the highway. I wound up recreating something that happened to me on this exact stretch back in 2017...I made every single traffic light green on my way home.

Here's a sped up compilation from the dash cam as proof. Gonna buy a Powerball ticket in the morning!!
Very cool. Remember, traffic lights synchronized for 35mph are also synchronized for 70mph. ;^)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pulled everything (except my first aid kit) out of the trunk to survey the actual real estate available for my stereo install. Theres a lot more room than you think...

Also took a pic of the LED strip i installed over a year ago, to prove you cant hardly overload the RBCM like someone claimed in another thread. I cant even fit the entire length in the frame (thats what she said)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Today I installed a new set of wheels and tires: BBS SR Anthracite painted, 18x8 ET50 fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, 235/40ZR18. Compared to factory stock: 18x7 ET50 fitted with Dunlop SP Sport 5000, 215/45R18 M+S. Zero change in scrub radius, -3 lb./corner, +3 rev/mile.

Out with the old:
IMG_20200125_093834125_HDR.jpg
In with the new:
IMG_20200216_090940970.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow! That's a lotta coin to sink into a 3. Hope you notice a big improvement over the stock setup. I would imagine the tires will be the biggest improvement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I live where the ambient temperature rarely drops below 45°F, so I have no need for all season tires and can run summer tires year 'round. I'd recently modified the suspension with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Koni Special Application dampers, so installing performance tires was the next logical step. And, why not increase the footprint (within reason) while I was at it?

I chose the wheels and tires very carefully, keeping a square setup that most nearly matches the stock geometry without requiring spacers. I'm very happy with the resulting fitment. Needless to say, both the ride quality and increased grip level are improved significantly over stock. As you stated, tires are the biggest contributor to these characteristics.

Surprisingly, Tire Rack doesn't list this fitment, and so they made me accept liability for any issues regarding mis-fitment (especially regarding the oh-so-slightly smaller tire diameter). I intend to inform them that this is a "slam dunk" that they should add as an optional fitment.

One side note: These BBS wheels use unique lug nuts that have a 19-mm hex in contrast to the factory's 17-mm. So I need to carry a spare set of factory lug nuts for the spare tire, and a 19-mm lug wrench to remove the BBS wheel, in case of a flat tire.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3521 - 3540 of 3547 Posts