2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

3501 - 3520 of 3581 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just a heads up y'all....there's a map update out for Mazda Connect.

Also I finally got around to ordering the chrome-ring engine start/stop button from the Miata!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks bud, they look much better in natural light so will post a pic next time I clean the car if it ever stops raining over here. Got my door sills done the same colour to tie it all together so will post that as well. Getting my remap put back on next week after losing it after Mazda reflashed the pcm & still wanna fit the corksport rsb then that's my modding finished!

·
Registered
6 Posts
wanted a more copper bronze effect but better than stock imho
Yeah, those look really nice.

Did my first oil change today. Damn monkeys at the dealership did the last oil change at 4k miles and cranked down hard on the filter. Never came across a filter put on that tight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, those look really nice.

Did my first oil change today. Damn monkeys at the dealership did the last oil change at 4k miles and cranked down hard on the filter. Never came across a filter put on that tight.
By coincidence I did my first oil change today as well. Wasn't happy with every 12500 miles the dealership are doing so doing my own changes midway through each time. Glad I did as the oil was absolutely filthy and after seeing how small the oil filter is it kinda makes sense, serviced my girlfriend's corolla over Xmas and the filter on that is more than twice the size. Replaced the sump plug with a Stahlbus oil drain valve to save future mess & time.

·
Registered
452 Posts
By coincidence I did my first oil change today as well. Wasn't happy with every 12500 miles the dealership are doing so doing my own changes midway through each time. Glad I did as the oil was absolutely filthy and after seeing how small the oil filter is it kinda makes sense, serviced my girlfriend's corolla over Xmas and the filter on that is more than twice the size. Replaced the sump plug with a Stahlbus oil drain valve to save future mess & time.
12500 miles or kilos? 10000 miles or a year is what the interval should be max, depending on your driving style.

·
Registered
18 Posts
12500 miles or kilos? 10000 miles or a year is what the interval should be max, depending on your driving style.
It's 12500 miles here in the UK for the 2.2 skyactiv d, was surprised myself which is what made we wanna do my own midway between each service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I said goodbye to it at the body shop after the repair estimate came back. I had updated my original post in the New Forum thread to show this picture but thought maybe more people would see this here. I think it's important to show how well made these are. On January 6th I was in the right lane of a three lane interstate and a semi in the middle lane did a lane change into me. I was at his 1 o'clock position. He ended up pushing me on the left rear quarter panel (black smudge) which basically did a pit maneuver and rotated me so that I was sideways across the front of his bumper, at 60mph. He then slammed on the brakes and veered to the right, which rotated me further around to the left side of his truck, with my door and mirror stuck in his wheel well.

There was no actual impact, just a push and rotate. No airbags deployed, and I was completely uninjured. Car is totaled.

I am very impressed with how well it handled this accident. Both doors still open and close, and both windows still work. I was in Buffalo on my way back to Toronto when this happened. I had to drive it a few miles to the next exit as the highway shoulders were too small to do the paperwork safely, and it drove pretty well. I ended up driving it home that night as I didn't want to deal with a rental car and transferring all of my luggage and personal effects to the rental, then driving the rental across the border. If it was going to get totaled I had a few things installed in the car that I wanted to keep, and didn't have the right tools to remove them on the side of the road.

Sad to see it go. I put 30,000 miles on it in the last year and it was always quiet, comfortable, and reliable while returning excellent mileage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Canada. My insurance paid, my rates aren't affected, and they will go after his insurance for refund. What reason would I sue him for?

3501 - 3520 of 3581 Posts