2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

2301 - 2320 of 3759 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mounted some LED projector spotlights above my numberplate.

They are only cheap china ones, purely for experimental purposes (if they are ok they will stay, if not I'll get something more decent but the location (behind the grille) is what this is about at this stage.

Wiring guy will come tomorrow and tap into the foglight plugs and connect there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
After looking around hard i finally made up my mind about wheels i ended up going with the CR work emotion wheels just placed my order 18x9.5 et 38 its gonna be a while before i get them on but happy with my decision .thankx to #somthinglocal for your help.
Looks good, post some pics when you get them on the car. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
where did you buy the top window trim and are there bottom window trims as well? I have the 2015 mazda 3 isport and i would like to give it that chrome look!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
where did you buy the top window trim and are there bottom window trims as well? I have the 2015 mazda 3 isport and i would like to give it that chrome look!
You're doing the reverse of what others have done. There might be those who would be willing to swap or sell you the chrome beltline here.:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well I got my 2016 3 SGT Saturday I have added chrome brake and gas pedals, husky floor liners front and back. This weekend tinting and adding front lip. More stuff to come. So excellent to mod my new car. Pictures to come.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dip is quicker but wrap is more durable & easier to reverse.:)
Hmm interesting. I would imagine because its an odd shape, wrapping would be harder and like the edges of the wrap might lift?

Im not too sure. I'm getting my roof/mirrors wrapped and logos dipped at a store soon. Wasnt sure if I should get the V wrapped or dipped.

Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the top trim I've seen them on ebay:
Stainless Steel Upper Window Frame Sill Trim 4pcs for Mazda 3 Axela M3 2014 2015 | eBay

I've used Tasca Parts for some body pieces now & then, here are the links for the lower window trim pieces:
EXTERIOR TRIM - FRONT DOOR for 2014 Mazda 3
and
EXTERIOR TRIM - REAR DOOR for 2014 Mazda 3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, didnt really know where to post this, but what is a good price for window tint. Ive never gotten it before and I dont want to be ripped off

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hey guys, didnt really know where to post this, but what is a good price for window tint. Ive never gotten it before and I dont want to be ripped off
It really depends on the type of tint you get. Tint jobs that runs you $100 or less using low end films tends to fade and turn purple. Average tint job goes for around $250-$400. Then you jump to those higher end brand tint like huper optik or spectra photosync it'll run you around $600+ for the whole car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks yeah i went to shop today, and they quoted me $165 out the door for all seven windows plus a lifetime warranty on the tint. Which he said the warranty covered any fading or peeling.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks yeah i went to shop today, and they quoted me $165 out the door for all seven windows plus a lifetime warranty on the tint. Which he said the warranty covered any fading or peeling.
Sounds about right. Mine was llumar film for the doors and rear it costed $160. Check your local yelp ratings for reputation and coupons.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You allowed by law to tint the front windows in your area? Check into it. I'd hate to see yet another spend $$$ to tint their windows only to spend an afternoon the following week scraping it all off the front windows because they were pulled over like several folks were at work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oops, missed my "what did I do?"

Picked up the roof rack last night and installed it after work. Kayak season is upon us. Just need to get some J-carriers or saddles.

Yakima Whisper bars, nice! $299 minus 20% at the dealer I bought the car. Would have been $500+ for a universal Yakima with Whisper bars. Looks great I think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
....very COOL !!!....the white and black looks awesome.....are your tail lights blacked out???? If so, how exactly ???...vinyl ???...film ???...paint ???.....the roof and mirrors look great....will you be adding the aero kit ???

·
Registered
190 Posts
You allowed by law to tint the front windows in your area? Check into it. I'd hate to see yet another spend $$$ to tint their windows only to spend an afternoon the following week scraping it all off the front windows because they were pulled over like several folks were at work.
Ha! All too familiar with this in my GTI. But I refuse to pull it off. 20% all around and 5% on the hatch. IL law says 35% all around which is what I have on the Mazda. Chicago doesn't allow front tint period...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Eibach Springs and RokBlokz

Threw on some eibach springs and rokblokz mud flaps.
So far not much difference in ride feel or noise wise. Have had no problems with noises over bumps. The springs are 1.3 in back and 1 in n the front. I really like the stance now. This is really how it should come. Looks so much better IMO. Would not mind about 2 inches like CS has. But would prob need camber corrected and aftermarket struts/shocks. Liking the mud flaps also. Better than looking than stock I think. About the same in price or less. These come at 89 bucks. Stock front and back set are about 50 bucks each. I am pleased with the improvements.

Got a used KN intake to install soon. Picked up for 160 on ebay. Got a good deal. Prob throw on an exhaust and tune eventually and that will be about it. Would like to get the OEM ground kit. With this being auto no major performance mods for me except exhaust, intake, and tune. Looking to one day pick up a used speed 3 for a cheap price and make it a project car. Keep this 3 for my daily cruzn activities. Really feel I could keep this 3 for many years. Miss my manual turbo. So figured get a cheap project car so I don't destroy my daily.

2301 - 2320 of 3759 Posts