21 - 40 of 2894 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
nice. damn where u been havnt seen u on the forums
I'm on this one a lot, but I just don't post as much anymore. I post a ton on MOCC, since that is technically my local forum...Keep in touch man, we're like 2 of th2 4 2nd gen brothers on mocc.

hey, i was looking at getting the front strut bar. any noticeable difference?
Yeah, actually, I was thinking that this would just be a cosmetic mod for the most part, and lo and behold, the car feel a LOT flatter around turns in the front. Now I just need the rsb and a rear strut tower bar. Anyone tried a 1st gen rear tower bar on our 2nd gens yet? If that bolts on, I will do it.

On an automatic ???
Another enthralling post from our resident hater. :eek:hsnap 1:

·
1,272 Posts
Another enthralling post from our resident hater. :eek:hsnap 1:
Haha, I'm not hating. I've just never seen anyone put a shift boot on an automatic, that's all. Not to mention that you have no room to say that my posts are boring and/or lacking of substance. Half of your posts are either "lulz", "me too", or ":yes:".

Back on topic, thanks for pictures. That strut bar looks real nice. I wasn't sure about how I would like it but it looks nice in the engine compartment. Did it come with the CS sticker on it or did you put it there?

I would like to see someone do a slalom with and without the strut bar to see what the actual results are. Anyone want to volunteer? :yes:

EDIT: Just saw your mod list in your sig and saw you have SRP pedals. Which finish did you get? If it is something besides the grid, can you take some pics? How do you like them?

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
A lot of people put boots and knobs on their autos, hence the widely used term "shiftomatic", or "fake-omatic". I really just like the look of it better, and without all of the extra junk that I took out of the shifter mechanism, it actually feels a lot smoother now. It really sleans up the interior, and doesn't have that lame auto look. The reason I got it auto was because of traffic and so if my wife needed to drive it, she could, and not to mention this was in the color I wanted, so I just said eff it. I love it though, not having to deal with a stick in traffic anymore.

Anyway, Yeah, it came with the CS sticker on it. I'm thinking they didn't wanna stamp into the metal, or it was too expensive or time consuming, so they just settled for the sticker, but as for the construction of this bar, it really looks and feels like a quality piece, unlike those ebay bars a lot of us (myself included) have had in the past. Yeah, I'd be down to see someone do a slalom in it as well. But I'm gonna wait to actually do the testing stuff until I have it all braced up. I can say that there is definitely a noticeable difference, and that is more than I was expecting, so thumbs up form me.

·
1,272 Posts
A lot of people put boots and knobs on their autos, hence the widely used term "shiftomatic", or "fake-omatic".
Hmm, never heard either of those terms. Must be a California thing :tongue:

The reason I got it auto was because of traffic and so if my wife needed to drive it, she could, and not to mention this was in the color I wanted, so I just said eff it. I love it though, not having to deal with a stick in traffic anymore.
You don't have to justify to me why you got an automatic, I don't care. I personally will never get an automatic again, but I'm not going to make fun of someone because he/she has an automatic (unless that person is driving :rice 1: then I can make an exception, lol).

·
Registered
987 Posts
I took my 3 in to get the wheels replaced. DAMN POTHOLES!!!! Thank god i paid for the wheel and tire protection plan!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Yeah, actually, I was thinking that this would just be a cosmetic mod for the most part, and lo and behold, the car feel a LOT flatter around turns in the front. Now I just need the rsb and a rear strut tower bar. Anyone tried a 1st gen rear tower bar on our 2nd gens yet? If that bolts on, I will do it.
The STB looks nice :yes: The 1st gen rear brace should bolt up. AFAIK, the only difference back there is a small added OEM brace on the 2nd gen's. I don't think it would interfere with the rear strut brace though. I'm all for the front brace, but all of the rear braces I've seen require cutting the interior...or were you talking about the braces under the back of the car?

Oh...I like the boot and knob as well. Looks good.

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
The STB looks nice :yes: The 1st gen rear brace should bolt up. AFAIK, the only difference back there is a small added OEM brace on the 2nd gen's. I don't think it would interfere with the rear strut brace though. I'm all for the front brace, but all of the rear braces I've seen require cutting the interior...or were you talking about the braces under the back of the car?

Oh...I like the boot and knob as well. Looks good.
Thanks Derrick, Glad you like it.

I was talking about the top of the tower brace. Yeah, and there will for sure be some cutting of the interior going on, but its worth it to me. I will also be getting the rsb though. The rsb is the one that I am REALLY excited for. I'm almost tempted to just get a 1st gen one, since Im impatient.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Oh and heres some pics for you guys in case you wanted to see how it turned out.

Looks good! I didn't realize you made your auto a "manual" LOL!!! (I thought about this cosmetic mod but didn't know what it was going to entail, how was it?)

The strut bar looks awesome, is the CorkSport logo etched or is that a sticker? (Was it just remove the bolts and add the strut bar and re-bolt?)

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
Looks good! I didn't realize you made your auto a "manual" LOL!!! (I thought about this cosmetic mod but didn't know what it was going to entail, how was it?)

The strut bar looks awesome, is the CorkSport logo etched or is that a sticker? (Was it just remove the bolts and add the strut bar and re-bolt?)
Wasnt too hard to do the boot and knob. Just put the car in neutral, pull out the cupholder area around the ebrake, take that out, put it aside, pull up the shifter dash piece, pop out the shifter, disconnect the light bulb from the shifter cover, remove the whole piece that says "P R N D" etc, and then that leaves you with the bare shifter. Slide the boot over, put everything back, and then you can make it look good, and then put the shift knob on.

Regarding the corksport bar, yes, its a sticker. It came like that. I guess they didnt wanna stamp into the metal or something. No biggie. I may remove it later. And yeah, pull the parking brake, remove the bolts, put the bar on, replace the bolts, and then torque them to 33-46 pounds. I torqued them to 38. You will need a torque wrench for this, if you don't have one.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Wasnt too hard to do the boot and knob. Just put the car in neutral, pull out the cupholder area around the ebrake, take that out, put it aside, pull up the shifter dash piece, pop out the shifter, disconnect the light bulb from the shifter cover, remove the whole piece that says "P R N D" etc, and then that leaves you with the bare shifter. Slide the boot over, put everything back, and then you can make it look good, and then put the shift knob on.

Regarding the corksport bar, yes, its a sticker. It came like that. I guess they didnt wanna stamp into the metal or something. No biggie. I may remove it later. And yeah, pull the parking brake, remove the bolts, put the bar on, replace the bolts, and then torque them to 33-46 pounds. I torqued them to 38. You will need a torque wrench for this, if you don't have one.
Sounds just how I imagined it!!! Thanks!

Edit: By the way this is what I did to my 3 today: I had one of my students write "wash me" in the dirt on the side of my car...little bastards. I know I need to get it washed but the weather sucks!!!

LOL

21 - 40 of 2894 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.