2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2881 - 2894 of 2894 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So after thinking about your trade, boost does trump a warranty and newer styling. I agree. Wish i could get that deal for a 5dr STI.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Like pretty much all of us who enjoy modding our 3's, I'm sure a good amount are dying for boost as well. I know I'm pretty set on getting a speed in the future.

·
Registered
633 Posts
did a quick search and 180 degrees seems to be a reasonable temperature...win!
I have the 2.5 Engine and my Temperature runs at 194 degrees, this is read right off the ECU with the Aeroforce Scan gauge, Oil Pressure is about the same as yours.

Pat.

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
Kinda late, but I changed my oil last saturday to Royal Purple 5w-20. Great stuff.

Sadly though, my 3 is gonna have to sit in my garage for 10 days while I'm in Michigan. I'm gonna miss it. :crybaby 1:

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
So after thinking about your trade, boost does trump a warranty and newer styling. I agree. Wish i could get that deal for a 5dr STI.
I might take this route.. even a 5-door WRX is fine.. I've been looking around..:blush 1:

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
this thread seriously needs to be closed and new one be made. it's too big for the forum to handle. i keep getting an error when trying to click "last page" or the last post. it even says there's 297 pages when there's only 289 (which is still frickin' humongous). mods/admin: please do something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Installed the 2010 Sportlines, replacing the Pro-Kit tonight. What a world of difference the Sportlines make! I'll have pics very soon

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am so mad... I was driving up a hill in death valley and right in the middle of the lane was this huge rock. I could not avoid it in time and the rock destroyed my plastic engine cover in the bottom. Thank god, my car was still in drivable condition but the huge rock was stuck under the car and I had to jack it up in the rain.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am so mad... I was driving up a hill in death valley and right in the middle of the lane was this huge rock. I could not avoid it in time and the rock destroyed my plastic engine cover in the bottom. Thank god, my car was still in drivable condition but the huge rock was stuck under the car and I had to jack it up in the rain.
I know how you feel, the other week I was pulling into a diagonal parking spot just off the street, and the spots are short so I was pulling in as much as I could. The curbs were high, and I ran right into it, tearing off my front right service pan and scratched up the lower bumper cover pretty good. Luckily (just like yours I hope) it was easily fixable, but now the bumper cover is all jacked up on the bottom and I need to touch-up or refinish....good practice I guess!

Reactions: n4rwhals

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know how you feel, the other week I was pulling into a diagonal parking spot just off the street, and the spots are short so I was pulling in as much as I could. The curbs were high, and I ran right into it, tearing off my front right service pan and scratched up the lower bumper cover pretty good. Luckily (just like yours I hope) it was easily fixable, but now the bumper cover is all jacked up on the bottom and I need to touch-up or refinish....good practice I guess!
Did you replace the plastic cover? If so, how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
501 Posts
No, what happened was that the plastic tab holding the screw got ripped out of the bumper cover when I backed up, but the tab and screw were still attached and the bumper cover hole is still intact iirc. So when I got home, I jacked the car up and re-fitted the panel with the tab in the correct place. The splash guard slides in over the bumper so I was able to re-attach everything and peel off the gouged plastic. Looks more or less like new except for the scratches...those pieces are designed to take abuse

·
Kambo
167 Posts
You need this item , Im going to get it soon

CorkSport. Great place and people

Attachments

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Got vinyl for my dash, it's gonna look bad ass.

2881 - 2894 of 2894 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.