2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought mine toward the end of April. The registrations says May, but I paid at that time $246. I just received my renewal and guess what? No surprize. It went up to $326, and I'm still driving on rotten freeways.

·
Registered
78 Posts
$28 dollars for registration in NC. But then they hit you up with "Personal Property Tax" about 3 months later. BS I have to pay taxes on something I already bought, just for the right to keep owning it.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
WOW! I only paid about $154, I believe.. I don't know how much it's going to cost when I transfer the registration to Texas, though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i got my car March 19th and i paid 140/year for mine and they gave me april 2011 tags, so i got little less then 3 weeks extra on my reg.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I guess I am lucky being in Ohio and having to only pay $54 every year.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just under $300 in La Mesa, CA. Where do you live GEDDY?
I live in Stockton, just south of Sacramento. I just remember when ARNOLD was elected and the registration went down, which was why I bought the car when I did because sometime mid-May it went up again. Sucks. Then just about every friday DMV is closed due to State's budget.

·
Registered
750 Posts
$76 here in Illinois when I bought the car. However, the state just raised the price so it will be $106 the next time around.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Example of fees for 20k car in La Mesa, CA (suburb of San Diego, CA)

https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/index.jsp

Transaction Date: April 01, 2010
Type of Calculation: New California Vehicle Purchase

Type of Vehicle: Automobile
Model Year: 2010
Motive Power: Gas

Purchase Date: April 02, 2010
Purchase Price: $20,000.00

County: San Diego
City: La Mesa
Zip Code: 91941

Current Registration: 31.00
Current California Highway Patrol: 22.00
Current Vehicle License Fee: 231.00
Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee: 1.00
Current Fingerprint ID Fee: 1.00
Current Smog High Polluter Repair Fee: 6.00
Original Smog Abatement: 6.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee: 8.00
Current Auto Theft and/or DUI Crime Deterrence Program: 1.00
Current Abandoned Vehicle Fee: 1.00
Current Air Quality Management District: 4.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee: 3.00
Use/Sales Tax: 1,750.00
City Vehicle Use/Sales Tax: 150.00
Reflectorized License Plate Fee: 1.00

Total Registration Fees: $316.00

Total Use/Sales Tax: $1,900.00

Grand Total Registration Fees: $2,216.0

·
Registered
501 Posts
holy moly! you guys pay some high fees. in CT, i transferred my previous registration (bought the car in August '09, registration on the car I traded in didn't expire till November '10), and it cost $100 to do the switch. For a new registration on a new car, its $180, and renewals are $80 for 2 years

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
holy moly! you guys pay some high fees. in CT, i transferred my previous registration (bought the car in August '09, registration on the car I traded in didn't expire till November '10), and it cost $100 to do the switch. For a new registration on a new car, its $180, and renewals are $80 for 2 years
Lucky!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I just saw on the news that here in FL they are thinking about letting corporations advertise on license plates. If you let them advertise on your plate then your annual registration would only be about $20 a year. Instead of the $100 it is now. The corporations would pic up the tab for your plate. Weird right? I'm not sure if I'd wanna be a billboard for some corp. :001_unsure: I mean Monster energy or coca cola might be cool , but Purina dog chow, not!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.