2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready for my more thorough than usual pre-winter detail this weekend and will be doing the full on wash, clay, polish/paint correction, sealant and wax, along with semi annual glass aquapel treatment in anticipation of the rainy season here in Vancouver.

I use (not necessarily simultaneously, for example, I'll either wash with regular soap when I can rinse, but no-rinse when I'm not able to get to the wash bay, and will either use paste wax or spray wax, but not both...etc)

Wash:
Detailer's Pride Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo
Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine
Clay:
Meguiars White
Riccardo Yellow
Meguiars Quik Detailer or Diluted Optimum No-Rinse for Lube
Paint Correction/Polish:
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer
Sealant:
Optimum Opti-Seal
Wax:
Collinite Paste #476S
Meguiars Spray Wax
Optimum Car Wax
Plastic Light Housings:
Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant
Glass:
Stoner's Invisible Glass Spray
Perfect Glass Wipes
Aquapel
Wheels:
Touchless Brake Dust Releaser
Tires:
Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner
Duragloss #253 Tire and Mat Dressing
Interior Leather:
Meguiars Gold Class Leather Wipes
Interior Trim:
Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner
Meguiars Interior Detailing Wipes
Tools:
Detail Bag
Gilmour Foamaster II
6" Auto Spa 120V 3500rpm Random Orbital + Bonnets
Buckets + Grit Guards X 2
16oz Spray Bottles
Wash Mitt
Microfiber Cloths
Dehydrator 2.0 Drying Towels
Cookie Monster 2.0 Buffing Towels
Handjobber (yeah...I know) + Clay Disc Adaptor
White Polishing Pads (Polish)
Black Finishing Pads (Sealant)
Blue Finessing Pads (Wax)
4" Round Applicator Blue/black Combination Foam
Snappy Clean Pad Cleaner
Go EZ Brush (Wheel/Grille)
5” Round Brush (Tires)
Chemical Guys Durafoam Contoured Large Tire Dressing Applicators
6” Stiff Upholstery Brush (Floor Mats)

What products do you like to detail with?

EDIT: got my detailing bag in and it fits an impressive amount:

Foamaster with prediluted foam shampoo
Meguiars White and Riccardo Yellow Clay Bars
ONR at Clay Lube Dilution in 16oz spray bottle
ONR at Detailer Dilution in 16oz spray bottle
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer
Optimum Opti-Seal Spray Bottle
Collinite Paste Wax Tub
Optimum Car Wax Spray Bottle
Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant
Stoner's Invisible Glass Spray Bottle
Perfect Glass Wipes
Aquapel
Touchless Brake Dust Releaser Spray Bottle
Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner in 16oz spray bottle
Duragloss #253 Tire and Mat Dressing Spray bottle
Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner in 16oz spray bottle
Wash Mitt
3 X Dehydrator 2.0 Drying Towels
6 X Cookie Monster 2.0 Buffing Towels
Hook and Loop handle
Clay Disc Adaptor
White Polishing Pad
Black Finishing Pad
Blue Finessing Pads
4" Round Applicator Blue/black Combination Foam
Durafoam Contoured Large Tire Dressing Applicator
Go EZ Brush
5” Round Tire Brush
6” Stiff Upholstery Brush (Floor Mats)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Whats the deal with that collinite stuff? Does it go on like regular wax?

I use Klasse all in one and the sealer and it works great and lasts long but Ive been thinking of also applying some wax over that to make it even better but i dont know which wax to go with yet

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Klasse AOI is good stuff. I like it too. The Collinite is a carnauba paste wax, so it takes a bit more elbow grease than the sprays to get on and buff off. You can do it by hand but I use a 6" electric buffer to save my arms if using the paste. I generally only have the patience to use a paste wax once or twice a year as it's slight overkill if you use a good sealer first anyway. The payoff is that it really does give you good water beading for 6 months. Either a paste or spray wax will look great and bring that depth over top your sealer treatment. If you go with a spray, I like the Optimum best and Meguiars a close second.

Whats the deal with that collinite stuff? Does it go on like regular wax?

I use Klasse all in one and the sealer and it works great and lasts long but Ive been thinking of also applying some wax over that to make it even better but i dont know which wax to go with yet

·
Registered
750 Posts
Another Klasse user here. I've been using it on all my cars for almost 10 years now. I also keep some Sonus Spritz and Glanz around for QD and post-wash protection boost when needed.

This fall I'm breaking from tradition and I've got a new bottle of Collinite 845 that I'm going to try on my daughter's car. I'll run it in a head-to-head test against the Klasse on my other vehicles to see how I like it.

I also recently picked up a Poorboy's World dark color sampler that has the Pro Polish, Black Hole Glaze and EX-P Sealant that I'll try on one of our cars next spring. I'm starting to run out of Klasse and I'm trying to find other products that might work better and/or be easier to apply.

For paint correction, I've got Meguairs Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish on hand. Interiors get either 303 Aerospace Protectant or Meguairs Natural Shine Interior protectant.

·
Registered
96 Posts
@tastic what buffer do you use?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use a 6" Auto Spa 120V Random Orbital 3500rpm. Dirt cheap and works well. IIRC I got it for $25 from Amazon.
Any complaints about it? I'm assuming not since you're still using it. I'd like to get one but the usual recommended ones are dang 'spensive.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took a session to get used to it but it works fine. There is a 10" one too but I found it a little difficult to use near edges and on curves. No complaints in that it does what it is supposed to.

Any complaints about it? I'm assuming not since you're still using it. I'd like to get one but the usual recommended ones are dang 'spensive.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also recently picked up a Poorboy's World dark color sampler that has the Pro Polish, Black Hole Glaze and EX-P Sealant that I'll try on one of our cars next spring.
I like Poorboy's too. I've used the EX Sealant with carnauba when I didn't bother to wax afterwards but know many that use the wax-less EX-P too with great success. Looks amazing followed with a simple spray wax, especially on dark colors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place, but does anyone know what are good products to clean cloth interior, preferably "sand" or "beige" color seats?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
915 is a little easier to apply than 476, and has more carnauba so you may find it has a deeper lustre on dark cars. The tradeoff is it doesn't last as long as 476.

Both are good. I only use collinite pre winter and (maybe) pre summer and all other times I prefer spray wax after sealant so I'm looking for longevity when I go through the effort of a paste. The 476 is nice in that you can go with a spray wax on top too so I can pump up the lustre in the months in between. 915 is a good choice for you...if I recall correctly you have a black or dark car, right?

Anyway, i did some research on the Collinite stuff and Im kinda tempted to try their 915 paste wax. Anyone here ever tried it?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yup the curse of the black mica lol

Which spray wax do you use or recommend?

Never mind its in the original post lol im a tard

1 - 20 of 31 Posts