Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yellow/Gold

Votes: 8 57.1%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SimplySteezy
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I decided to paint my calipers tomorrow and I need some input on what color to go with... The classic red... Blue... or Yellow/Gold?

Here is the ride in question...

·
Registered
641 Posts
If it were my car I would go gold. Red is so over done an honestly wouldn't match to well with your car color.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Although I think red calipers will never be overdone. On your color car and wheels, I vote gold/yellow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
if you go yellow, I would go for a more gold'sh hue... not too bright.

I love that color personally though (of your car) and would try to match that paint, otherwise I would go black...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also have a gunmetal MZ3. I chose the G2 gold caliper paint and couldn't be happier with the appearance and the durability. They still look brand new since I did it about it a couple years back.

I attempted to paint the fog bezels gold as well, but as you can see, that looked very tacky for my taste, so I ended up buying a can of the gunmetal blue and used that to remove the out-of-place silver that comes standard. I also wrapped the fog with yellow vinyl and they are holding up nicely as well.

Good luck.

Tom

Attachments

·
SimplySteezy
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have a gunmetal MZ3. I chose the G2 gold caliper paint and couldn't be happier with the appearance and the durability. They still look brand new since I did it about it a couple years back.

I attempted to paint the fog bezels gold as well, but as you can see, that looked very tacky for my taste, so I ended up buying a can of the gunmetal blue and used that to remove the out-of-place silver that comes standard. I also wrapped the fog with yellow vinyl and they are holding up nicely as well.

Good luck.

Tom
Thanks for all the input, everybody. I went with blue. I think I'm gonna go with gold when I do my next brake job.

Where did you get the paint match paint for you fog light bezels?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got the gunmetal paint from ebay (I believe) for about $25.00. Sure it's expensive, but it is OEM paint in a spray can. You have to supply your paint code upon ordering. If you can't find it, google your paint number and I'm sure you'll come across vendors selling it.

·
Mazda God
307 Posts
What kind of color should go on a Crystal White Mica Mazda 3 for the Calipers? Cause my rims are all completely blacked out. Wanted to know what color the caliper should be with the blacked out rims. Any opinions?

:confused:

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I got the gunmetal paint from ebay (I believe) for about $25.00. Sure it's expensive, but it is OEM paint in a spray can. You have to supply your paint code upon ordering. If you can't find it, google your paint number and I'm sure you'll come across vendors selling it.
Paint code is also on the Vin sticker on the driver door.

What kind of color should go on a Crystal White Mica Mazda 3 for the Calipers? Cause my rims are all completely blacked out. Wanted to know what color the caliper should be with the blacked out rims. Any opinions?

:confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Red or white would be my opinions. The white would flow better with the color of the car. Sometimes you need that one off color too make the car pop which in case I would do them red.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.