2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 sT. Stuff sliding from side to side in the slippery glove box as I go around turns drives me crazy.

I could just stuff a t-shirt or something in there to fill up the empty space and stop the sliding but I'm looking for a more elegant solution. :grin2:

I've looked at things like the rubber\synthetic drawer liner material but I'm concerned about what will happen to that in the summer heat.

What are you doing to stop this sliding besides shoving stuff in there?

Thanks!

ggeinec

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

Lol on keeping it full. :)

lowincash - is the adhesive affected by summer heat? I.e., does it get gooey and ooze or let the felt move?

Thanks!

ggeinec

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

Lol on keeping it full. :)

lowincash - is the adhesive affected by summer heat? I.e., does it get gooey and ooze or let the felt move?

Thanks!

ggeinec
They stick pretty well and doesn't get gooey or anything in the heat, got pretty hot in the car during summer and no problem. I've had it in my door cup holder for over a year now and it's fine. I'll try to get some pictures of what I did tomorrow if I have time.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Finally had some time to take some photos the other day

Here's what I did with the cup holders...

I usually just toss my keys into the cup holders and would always jingle and rattle so with the felt lining it stopped the annoying rattles. I might do it for the glove compartment when I have time, but for now nothing is moving around inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts