2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been without a car for 5 months. It's been rough! :death: I've been waiting for mazda to release the sGT in manual. What are my chances it'll be out by end of March? I hear it's confirmed but everywhere it just says "at a later date". If it's still a no go by end of March I'll find myself in a BMW 2 series.
I refuse to drive automatic, I'd rather walk. Plus, the husband already has an automatic -wrangler (one per household rule).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
296 Posts
6 spd no longer = manual transmission. Lots of automatics have 6 or more speeds, including the one in the new Mazda3. Don't go into the dealership and ask for a car " 6 speed transmission," they're bound to roll up with a 6 speed auto :) If you want a manual trans, ask for a manual trans.

As far as you're question goes, not sure how much longer. Perhaps buy the 2.0L manual already on the dealer lots and do without a little extra hp/tq?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Updated post.

I've waited this long already... I'm placing an order whether I like it or not in March. Mazda 3 vs bimmer 2

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks! Updated post.

I've waited this long already... I'm placing an order whether I like it or not in March. Mazda 3 vs bimmer 2

You're welcome :)

Two very different cars there. One is a 185 hp fwd four door or 5 door that starts at around $25,000 The other is a 2.0L turbo two door rwd car with 240 hp and starts around $32,000. About the only thing they will have in common is a manual transmission.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed. Don't forget both will be fun. I love hatches and coupes. What would be perfect is a two door hatch. I'm missing my old integra. If I can get the mazda. I would get it fully loaded.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Indeed. Don't forget both will be fun. I love hatches and coupes. What would be perfect is a two door hatch. I'm missing my old integra. If I can get the mazda. I would get it fully loaded.

Split the difference! Get a 2014 MINI Cooper S with the same engine as is found in the 2-Series, available manual, and it's a 2-door hatch. Problem solved! I had a Cooper for 7 years, and loved it! The new one, by all accounts, is much more "grown-up" and solid. Interior room should be SUPERIOR in the MINI to that found in the 2-series, too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
I settled for the 2.0 L with a manual because of the availability of MT in the lower trims, practicality of the hatch and the realization that this car isn't just about power.

Consider the VW golfs / GTIs that should be releasing anytime now if they float your boat. Just be sure to be handy, deep pocketed and / or budget for an extended warranty when buying german cars if you intend to keep them for a while.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I settled for the 2.0 L with a manual because of the availability of MT in the lower trims, practicality of the hatch and the realization that this car isn't just about power.

Consider the VW golfs / GTIs that should be releasing anytime now if they float your boat. Just be sure to be handy, deep pocketed and / or budget for an extended warranty when buying german cars if you intend to keep them for a while.
it doesnt sound like money is TOO big of a deal for OP, but I can vouch for the price of german parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts