2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Comparing having 125KM with turbo to a 122KM naturally aspirated engine...
Also i'm suprised - I heard Mazda is switching the 122KM engine with 150KM one, they should have tested it instead.

Also, GT Sport Tech is just Mazda UK naming convention, we have regular names in Poland. I don't think anyone should really care about the "package" names. Also, with the amount of Tech they put into the car, i dont see a reason why they would complain about Tech in the name at all lol

Looks like the comments and dislike section also tells straight their viewers aren't happy either

·
Registered
283 Posts
122HP? if that is the best they offered here in the states I wouldn't have bought one either.

It is funny they say, "just put a turbo on it and give it another 50 hp"...or you could, alternately, use a 2.5 Skyactiv G that already exists and has more hp than their suggestion...too bad they cannot buy that in England, but SkyActiv X exists... maybe they should drive that one?

"GT Sport" blame that on poor English marketing.

The tech is actually better in European versions, they offer additional tech that isn't available here, so not sure what they are criticizing there?

As for looks, that is subjective, the 'alpha-romeo-ish' comment is spot on, it is 'japaniltalinsh' and awesome looking, imho.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The power is enough for the majority of situations and it always feels like there is more. I believe my car would also be around 130hp as seen in other dyno tests. The idea is to have better fuel economy.

I didn't like this "test" at all. It doesn't make it justice. Giving 2 out of ten? The guy must be crazy......

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The power is enough for the majority of situations and it always feels like there is more. I believe my car would also be around 130hp as seen in other dyno tests. The idea is to have better fuel economy.

I didn't like this "test" at all. It doesn't make it justice. Giving 2 out of ten? The guy must be crazy......
What kind of score would he give to a Hyundai accent? Can the scores go negative?

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can get a more powerful diesel if needed. Funny to read the comments on Youtube, many don't agree with the review.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That was a completely rubbish review...their journalistic standards are lacking. While their test car was certainly underpowered and deserved to be nicked on that, the guy who scored it a 2 didn't even appear to drive it. I'll take a review from Car & Driver or other authoritative journalists any day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Japanese cars are not popular in Europe where the VW Golf gets highest marks across most of the countries.
VW sells more cars than Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Mazda combined, something that might be unthinkable in US.

And Mazda is double in sales compared with Honda in Europe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts