2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try the Welcome Illumination footwell lights (p/n MZDAACWEL)? My dealer says they're not available yet but I found them online at several places.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Anyone try the Welcome Illumination footwell lights (p/n MZDAACWEL)? My dealer says they're not available yet but I found them online at several places.
The Mazda ones aren't very bright and they're not cheap either.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
I just installed these on a 2012 Honda CR-V and they're awesome! Plus, the components are really high quality. I'll likely get a set for my Mazda 3 as well.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OU5LOT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed them yesterday. They are fairly bright and look good. I found the Mazda templates to be slightly off when installing the magnets that turn the led lights on and off. These are battery operated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I installed them yesterday. They are fairly bright and look good. I found the Mazda templates to be slightly off when installing the magnets that turn the led lights on and off. These are battery operated.
I will like to know how to install too !!!!!! My dealer also told me that they do not have those at US right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the MZDAACWEL. Mazda Welcome Illumination Kit on eBay Australia about $199.00.
Has 5 soft blue LEDs. Does not come with instructions, had it installed by my Mazda dealership, took about 3 hours. Looks fantastic. The wiring harness splices into the overhead map light and is routed behind the A pillar trim panel.(right hand drive, driver side)
The kit has a description sheet with a link to download the installation instructions, but it is for dealerships only and is password protected.
This kit fits many Mazda models so there are different instructions for every model.
There are two lamps per footwell, it looks fantastic. The LEDs can be switched on to only come on when the doors open or along with the maps lights.
IMG20200728152019.jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
As I had the led bulbs from my previous Mazda3,I bought the harness for 40€ at Mazda and installed the all thing.

Not a beautiful job to see as you must attach this harness to OEM cables but OK. The car could came already prepared.

About activating at the dealer, we found 2 modules: "welcome illumination" that we tried and nothing happened and "ambient lightning" which worked. So in the end we disabled again "welcome illumination" as we did not understand for what it was.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@da2el: And your led bulbs are dimmable as the OEM bulbs? Any informations about the max. power that they are allowed to consume?

I've the OEM bulbs and they're not really bright in the highest setting. I'm thinking about to change them to some brighter bulbs or even LED stripes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I thought you bought some non-OEM bulbs, that's why I asked for the max power.:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone knows how to tap to the interior lights? Went to a workshop and they said that its not possible to do so as its a PCB where the map reading lights is. I wanna link the leg room lights to follow the interior lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased the MZDAACWEL. Mazda Welcome Illumination Kit on eBay Australia about $199.00.
Has 5 soft blue LEDs. Does not come with instructions, had it installed by my Mazda dealership, took about 3 hours. Looks fantastic. The wiring harness splices into the overhead map light and is routed behind the A pillar trim panel.(right hand drive, driver side)
The kit has a description sheet with a link to download the installation instructions, but it is for dealerships only and is password protected.
This kit fits many Mazda models so there are different instructions for every model.
I was unable to find fitting instructions anywhere online.
Does it go to the from only?
Anything for the rear seat passengers?

·
Registered
495 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts