2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and got a question hoping some of you can help.

I want to install the welcome illumination in the footwell of my BN Mazda 3 (the one that turns on when you open door and off when you shut them)

Is there any way to do it without wiring all the way up to the dome lights? I am hoping there's a plug sitting somewhere near the steering which I can buy an adaptor to plug into, and then I just plug some aftermarket LED strip into the adaptor (or I am being too optimistic?)

Not too many accessories available over here in Australia without being charged a sky high price :frown2:

Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice!

How did you wire yours? Did you wire from dome light down A pillar? or there's a plug already sitting somewhere under glovebox?

·
Registered
137 Posts
How often you need to change the battery? Does it only come on when you open the door?

I installed this middle august this year. And yet at end november I've changed only 1 time the batteries. I use standard one.

When you open the door, it light on. After some minutes (2 or 3 I guess) it turn itself off. If you plug correctly the small iron piece, it will not be turned on else. So it turn on only when you open the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts