2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Mazda 3 hatch just bought and have some very weird electrical problems need some insight.

First in order for my turn signals to blink I must press the horn and hold if I put the signal on it just stays light green no blinking when I hold the horn they work fine (oh and the horn does work anyway)
ALSO my brake light stays on 24/7 lit untill I press the horn and it goes off but comes back on when I let the horn go also has the gauges dim and light up flickering while I'm doing all that

I guess I can start at the fuses but is there anything else I can do anyone had anything like this before?

·
Super Moderator
7,173 Posts
This is one thing you really don't want to mess with if you don't know how. You need to remove the steering wheel, and this requires fiddling with the airbag. If you aren't familiar with this you may end up getting popped in the face with the airbag. There are also capacitors that will zap the crap out of you if you are not careful. :surprise: Once your past the wheel, the mechanism needs to be assembled just so or it won't work.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
IME before CANBUS weird electrical stuff was almost always an open ground somewhere. A poor connection on the CANBUS could cause all sorts of problems. Search around for someone who had the EXACT same problem. Otherwise it's a dealer job. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I'm not planning on trying to do it myself but my uncle did tell me he rigged up the headlights and fog lights so there always on something like that I was thinking maybe that has something to do with it but I'll see if I can post the video of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.