2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting liners to protect the carpet. I live in Saskatchewan which has lots of rain, snow, and mud. Doing some research I've narrowed it down to basically 3 options.

I'm wondering what you guys all use and if you like it?

I'm looking to get both front, rear, and trunk liners. I have a 2015 3 sport GS hatchback.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Im thinking about getting liners to protect the carpet. I live in Saskatchewan which has lots of rain, snow, and mud. Doing some research I've narrowed it down to basically 3 options.

I'm wondering what you guys all use and if you like it?

I'm looking to get both front, rear, and trunk liners. I have a 2015 3 sport GS hatchback.
I had the OEM and didn't like them. Weathertech does not cover the whole dead pedal. So I decided on Kagu Maxpider mats as they look great and cover the best with a deep lip. For the hatch area, I like the Husky liners best as they are flexible rubber and fit against the sides securely. I had Weathertech in my last three cars and like these better. That said, they are all pretty good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have the Weathertech digital fit or their other ones? Looking at pictures the kagu ones look the same as the Weathertech digital fit.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Did you have the Weathertech digital fit or their other ones? Looking at pictures the kagu ones look the same as the Weathertech digital fit.
All of my Weathertech's have been "digital fit". But that is just marketing. It doesn't matter how they engineered them if they fit well. The Kagu's fit every bit as good as the Weathertech's and Husky's. Again, these brands are all good. The Kagu has a better looking finish IMO - less cargo mat looking and more "carpet" like. Functionally, they all are good. It's just personal choice. I chose Husky for the hatch area because of the rubber flexibility and the fact that things don't move around on it as much as Weathertech. I did buy the OEM's when I got the car, and while they are a bit inferior, I'll sell them to you as they are just laying around my garage.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got the OEMs just for the looks granted I was going to install the dead pedal too lol. I was looking into the Kagu's and weathertechs before I ended up getting the OEMs but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the after market brands since they cover a whole lot more area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Weather Tech Floor and Cargo Liners in my Mazda 3... I love them! They fit like a glove and the driver/passenger snap into place just like the OEM carpet mats... I had Husky Liners in my last car (a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee) and loved those as well...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. What I'm getting from this is that all three fit great and do their job at protecting the carpet well, it all comes down to what I prefer for finish, feel, and price.

Different question, I think their the same since they are both the same chassis, but would anyone know if there are any differences between the 2014 and 2015 3's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I ended up ordering the 3D Kagu MAXpider liners for the front and rear and the Husky Liner for the cargo. they should be here in a couple of weeks and I'll post a review on them once i've had them for a bit and put them to the test.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
+1 for Maxpider Kagu. They are much cheaper than Weathertechs too. Got them yesterday for the front and back and the fit is amazing. I'm leaning towards Weathertech for cargo as the their mat has cut outs for the cargo net hooks.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
+1 for Maxpider Kagu. They are much cheaper than Weathertechs too. Got them yesterday for the front and back and the fit is amazing. I'm leaning towards Weathertech for cargo as the their mat has cut outs for the cargo net hooks.
I had to make a small cutout in my Husky cargo liner for my subwoofer. Just used a utility knife and it was done in a couple of minutes. When I had the Weathertech cargo liner in my last car, the stuff slid around too much. The Husky mat has a rubber type surface that holds the items better. But again, Weathertech has an excellent product. It is just personal choice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The OEM all-weather mats for the 2010 Mazda3 are nice, but after 4 years, the rubber under my heel wore out, and now there's a small hole developing. Note that I rotate my carpet mats and all-weather mats seasonally, so expect the all-weathers to last 2-3 years of continuous use. Perhaps the later model years are more durable.

The remaining 3 mats are fine, and it's such as waste to replace them all. I went with WeatherTech which let me buy floor-liners just for the front 2. So far, I like them. They're lightweight flexible plastic, and they rise to protect the sides.

Note that the WeatherTech floor-liners are different from the WeatherTech all-weather mats. The all-weathers are made of rubber, and are thicker, but they don't rise at the sides.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had to make a small cutout in my Husky cargo liner for my subwoofer. Just used a utility knife and it was done in a couple of minutes. When I had the Weathertech cargo liner in my last car, the stuff slid around too much. The Husky mat has a rubber type surface that holds the items better. But again, Weathertech has an excellent product. It is just personal choice.
Thanks for the heads up rvoll. I would definitely want to reduce the amount of sliding and Weathertech is touting their product as anti-skid.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Thanks for the heads up rvoll. I would definitely want to reduce the amount of sliding and Weathertech is touting their product as anti-skid.
Weathertech is anti-skid. Husky just skids a bit less.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A bit off-topic, but am I correct to assume that the liner shape/size is the same for the 2014 and 2015 Mazda3 models? I couldn't find the Kagus online that officially fits the 2015 model.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
A bit off-topic, but am I correct to assume that the liner shape/size is the same for the 2014 and 2015 Mazda3 models? I couldn't find the Kagus online that officially fits the 2015 model.
Yes, they should be the same. Weathertech uses the exact same digital fit product for both the 2014 and 2015 models.

Reactions: davibocce

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anybody know why it appears that on all of the hatchback trunk mats/trays, the side section around the spare wheel portion that dips down is not covered? Are there any mats that cover that part?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have weathertechs in my wife's car, and Huskys in my last car. I think the weathertechs are a much nicer liner.

This time, I decided to order Findway liners. They've got a very nice carpet look, but are not actually carpet and can be easily cleaned with a pressure washer.

I've just ordered mine, but a co-worker has had some for a while and is happy so far. They're also noticeably cheaper (at least in Canada).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have weathertechs in my wife's car, and Huskys in my last car. I think the weathertechs are a much nicer liner.

This time, I decided to order Findway liners. They've got a very nice carpet look, but are not actually carpet and can be easily cleaned with a pressure washer.

I've just ordered mine, but a co-worker has had some for a while and is happy so far. They're also noticeably cheaper (at least in Canada).
Am co-worker, can confirm my experience. Very happy with Findway mats at this point, close to half the price of Weathertech! :laugh2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts