2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts
Try to decipher the AC thermostat temperature recalibration done in this how-to:

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
My AC has the same issue, should be running quite cooler. This youtube video made me curious and i tried it out. First impressions are good, feels a lot cooler. But will haven't tested it properly since i have no plans driving, but will do it soon enough and will report back. The video looks legit.

First of all, you should not forget about timely recharging the air conditioner with freon. On cars with mileage, the permissible value of natural refrigerant leakage can be a maximum of 10%. If it is less, cooling efficiency decreases considerably, and instead of cold air, warm air will come into the salon. For charging air conditioners, special equipment is required, with the help of which the place of freon leakage can be diagnosed if necessary. The depressurization of the system most often occurs because of radiator damage or rotten from the reagents of metal pipes. But you can also refer to Reliable Aircon Servicing in Chemical Overhaul | Marvellous Aircon Servicing Singapore.

Try to decipher the AC thermostat temperature recalibration done in this how-to:

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
This solution really works! The AC feels a lot cooler now. In my 40 minute evening commute the outside temperature these days are 90+. I used to set the AC to 65 and it used to feel like 72 of other cars. Finally 65 feels like 65 now.

On your turbo, if you have the AC on auto and give it more than maybe 50% throttle, does the air get warm for about 20 seconds, then cool back down?
I've noticed this on various cars when taking a sharp turn, but it always lasts less than 20 seconds, and I figured it was the Freon sloshing around or some such cause.

Maybe a fast enough acceleration can act the same way. I'll report back any noticeable link between the throttle and air temp once I get the car back in a couple of weeks. Also curious if anyone else is noticing this.

I've noticed this on various cars when taking a sharp turn, but it always lasts less than 20 seconds, and I figured it was the Freon sloshing around or some such cause.

Maybe a fast enough acceleration can act the same way. I'll report back any noticeable link between the throttle and air temp once I get the car back in a couple of weeks. Also curious if anyone else is noticing this.
My theory is that the pump is optimized for low rpm and the clutch disengages at higher RPM to protect it from overspending, which I think a lot of cars do. It just seems to do it at a really low threshold in this car. I need to drive my other turbo 3 and see if it does it too. I asked my wife and she said no but she doesn’t notice stuff like that.

This solution really works! The AC feels a lot cooler now. In my 40 minute evening commute the outside temperature these days are 90+. I used to set the AC to 65 and it used to feel like 72 of other cars. Finally 65 feels like 65 now.
A lot of that video is not in English. Could you recap what you did that worked? Is it just holding the climate control on/off button while starting the engine?

I had something similar happening on my 3 but 3rd Gen, there is a big roundabout on my way to work and I almost have to do a full lap to exit (long time steering to the left in my case), when I finally take this exit (so sharp right turn), I always feel a change in the temp that is blowing throught the vents ! But for me it's the other way, it's blowing cold when I'm heating, that's the only time I notice it

A lot of that video is not in English. Could you recap what you did that worked? Is it just holding the climate control on/off button while starting the engine?
I got the English translation from the comments section of the video:

1. first start the engine and then switch on the aircon
2. Turn off the car but leave the aircon in the on position,
3. Don't step on the brake pedal while doing the procedure , 4. Press the start button 2x to get in accessory mode to check your current aircon setting (I set mine to 65 here)
5. press the start button once in accessory mode to switch off the aircon setting,
6. Press the aircon on switch and the defogger button at the same time and hold on to it,
7. Then press the engine start button 2x while holding on to the aircon on button and defogger switch at the same time, 8. Its done.. you can see the new aircon setting (it will be set to 77, you can bring it down to 65 from there)

Question for people that went through with the TSB fix or that bought a 2020 or 2021 model: how's your AC working? Is this problem officially resolved on newer models?
I have a month old 2021 hatchback FWD and the problem exists on my car as well. Takes forever in 95 degree weather to cool down - 15 minutes or so of driving. Even when it cools down it never feels it’s as cold as it should be.

Any heavy acceleration and the AC turns warm (however, this is normal for small cars - the Elantra GT I had before did the same thing).

I got the English translation from the comments section of the video:

1. first start the engine and then switch on the aircon
2. Turn off the car but leave the aircon in the on position,
3. Don't step on the brake pedal while doing the procedure , 4. Press the start button 2x to get in accessory mode to check your current aircon setting (I set mine to 65 here)
5. press the start button once in accessory mode to switch off the aircon setting,
6. Press the aircon on switch and the defogger button at the same time and hold on to it,
7. Then press the engine start button 2x while holding on to the aircon on button and defogger switch at the same time, 8. Its done.. you can see the new aircon setting (it will be set to 77, you can bring it down to 65 from there)
I’d like to do this but I’m a bit confused about the step 4 air con setting - what does that mean exactly? What does this step do? He doesn’t adjust it in the video but you adjusted yours?

I’d like to do this but I’m a bit confused about the step 4 air con setting - what does that mean exactly? What does this step do? He doesn’t adjust it in the video but you adjusted yours?
I thought this step was just to emphasize that the temperature setting changes as part of the reset--maybe some visual assurance that the button holding sequence is actually doing something.

I thought this step was just to emphasize that the temperature setting changes as part of the reset--maybe some visual assurance that the button holding sequence is actually doing something.
On step 4 where it says you can see the aircon setting and it was changed to 65, if I change this to “lo” instead, I get a different set of AC temp ranges. Instead of the range going from LO, 65-85, HI, it now goes LO, 61-83, HI. if I keep the aircon setting as 65 like in step 4 I get the 65-85 range.

Not sure how any of this affects stuff?

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.