2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched for an answer with no luck, nor did i see anyone that has touched this topic. a few weeks ago i finally got to wax my car and noticed after being done that i had got some wax on the black trim on the rear bumper.. does anyone have good tips on how to get this out?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The dry haze is dried wax residue. You can use a soft nylon bristle toothbrush to brush the residue off. Don't let the wax set too long or it will be difficult to remove.

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
I used neu wax and I accidentally got some on the fog light trim. It left this white mark on them. I was told that the Mr Clean "magic erasier" works very well. The thing is that I never bothered to remove it for over a yr lol. I'll give it a shot as soon as I get my hands on this produuct and will let you know how well it goes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hate this!:argh 1: I tried using a toothbrush but the wax residue just laughed at me.:tongue: So I resorted to the clay bar which worked. But to avoid the problem in the first place I now use painters masking tape on this area where it is close to the paint and a few other places that have the grainy plastic trim. No more wax where I don't want it and it is easy to do:yes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
peanut butter....no lie.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Googone works great too. I've used it a couple of times on wax residue on black trim pieces. Removes the wax haze and doesn't change the black color.

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks to all for the replies, i found on some other tips on other forums and a few q-tips drenched in some wd40 and about two minutes of my time and no more wax on the trim and also adds a deeper color to the trim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts