2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have notice on two occasions after washing my 2014 GT Hatchback that water continues to run down the passenger side front door for several days leaving a brown streak all the way down the side of the door. The car sat in the garage for a day after washing it before I took it out for a drive. The streak is easily removed with a wet towel. I would think after a day the water should have evaporated. This only occurs on the passenger side front door not the driver side front door or the rear doors. Has any one else noticed this? I only hand wash my car and never take it to a car wash.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it looks like it is coming from the window. There is a brown streak from the top of the door to the bottom of the door. I keep my car very clean and it is always in the garage.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I have notice on two occasions after washing my 2014 GT Hatchback that water continues to run down the passenger side front door for several days leaving a brown streak all the way down the side of the door. The car sat in the garage for a day after washing it before I took it out for a drive. The streak is easily removed with a wet towel. I would think after a day the water should have evaporated. This only occurs on the passenger side front door not the driver side front door or the rear doors. Has any one else noticed this? I only hand wash my car and never take it to a car wash.

Thanks.
does your car have a sunroof? if so does it have a wind deflector built on the roof? my old 03 protege 5 had that and water would drip from there for a few days after i washed it. even without the deflector it could be a sunroof drain tube plugged up take a peak in the channel outside the track of your sunroof glass and see if its real dirty and clean it with a paper towel, and take some water and pour it in that area and watch where it goes, that may point to a clogged drain tube

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I will give that a try. I don't think I have open the sun roof since I bought the car this last December.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts