2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
New Guy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing out my experience with Tasca Parts, which is an online OEM parts warehouse:

Went to order some front strut bearings, mounts, and dust covers from them in order to complete a suspension job, a total of six items.
This is where the fun starts: They had almost none of the parts in stock, stretching the processing time out five days. I called to followup on Friday to be told that they couldn't find one of the parts and may have to order that item from Canada, meaning that the wait time would be an additional week. After telling them to remove that one item and send me the rest, the order sat the rest of the Friday and most of Monday until i called in again to be told that they didn't have another one of the parts, which was going to hold the order up additional time. I told them to remove this item so I could at least get something.

The item shipped that day.

The emailed departure invoice listed five items, so I thought that I was receiving those items.

When I received the package, the invoice on the package only listed four items and a different total price.

After all of the mess with this mess of a company, I decided it was just best to submit a claim with PayPal for a failure to deliver advertised merchandise for the missing items since I don't know that they are capable of doing it.

I wanted to throw this warning out to the group so that everyone knows not to trust this company. Just go to your local mazda parts desk and have them order it. I have all the photos for proof as well.:frown2:

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Thank you @4thqtrhero. My experience with them is nowhere near as challenging as yours, but I can "second" that their customer service is far from what is advertised on the front page of their web site -- and they also have a video on their front page saying the same thing, e.g., that their customer service is their top priority.

Tascaparts.com said:
Tasca Parts - Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories
“You Will Be Satisfied!” Bob Tasca Sr.’s words ring as true today as they did 65 years ago when he opened the first Tasca Ford dealership in Bristol, Rhode Island.

Customers are always our #1 priority. For over 60 years, Tasca Automotive has put customer satisfaction above all else. Every Tasca Parts Center customer benefits from genuine OEM parts at the best possible pricing, 100% order accuracy, discounted shipping rates, and award-winning customer service. Every order is manually reviewed by our trained automotive parts professionals to guarantee VIN-to-part accuracy."
"Not so quick" Tasca, especially when calling their phone number if you are inquirng about an order's status. I tried two days in a row to reach them, and I and each time I was on hold over 30 minutes and still no one picked up. I also send two emails (re different parts) which each took them more than three days for their response.

I also second that even for parts they list on their site, they are often not in stock.

Yes, their pricing is excellent, but maybe some of their competitors, such as quirkparts.com, has similar pricing and, excellent customer service, and thus might work much better for you.

I successfully bought from Tascaparts, got the items at the great price listed on their web site, but now I am happy getting between 15% off and 26.5% off from my local dealer.

I second 4thqtrhero's caution.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll have to keep this in mind... I just ordered some trim pieces and the ND Miata Knob for my 3 and didn't have any issues. I did get an email the day after ordering that said that one item had to be shipped from a different warehouse but I got everything within 1 week of processing. They do also seem to have great prices from what I saw for my items, and sadly my Mazda dealer is an hour away and was a little tough to deal with over the phone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tasca is a large group of dealerships in southeast MA and RI, so when you are buying from them, you are buying from a dealership. They are large enough to offer better pricing. Tasca is a big name in the Ford racing community as far back as the early 60'S. They were a big influence in the development of the Cobra Jet motors.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I'll have to keep this in mind... I just ordered some trim pieces and the ND Miata Knob for my 3 and didn't have any issues. I did get an email the day after ordering that said that one item had to be shipped from a different warehouse but I got everything within 1 week of processing. They do also seem to have great prices from what I saw for my items, and sadly my Mazda dealer is an hour away and was a little tough to deal with over the phone.
Glad you experiences have been positive @rtware923 , and as you pointed out, you have distance to your local dealership to deal with too. Happy that they provided good service to you, and we all agree that their pricing is very good.

However, it took them over two weeks to get me my same Mazda MX-5 ND shift knob. And I am now on day 5 awaiting an inquiry to my last email. That was my last attempt to communicate with them. Not being able to get them on the phone (in any format) for over thirty minute twice, well that it not acceptable to me. I will pay $2.00 more on this part and $6.00 more on another one, yet get friendly, very welcoming service from my dealership, who calls and/or emails me in a highly responsive manner, is worth it to me. And they are getting me parts often the third day after I call and order them on the phone (national backorders of course excepted).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well then. I ordered the black window trim pieces to replace my chrome ones on Monday thinking it'll get to me on time for the body shop. But two days later received this email:

"You’ll be happy to know that your order is being processed and should be on its way to you soon! We’re just waiting to receive one or more items from your shopping cart that required special ordering; as soon as those arrive at our warehouse (in about three to five business days), your order will be shipped to you."

Not very coherent or decisive. On the way soon yet waiting for one or more items, which can take 3 to 5 days. And I only ordered four items. I guess I'll just be patient.

Why a body shop to install these simple pieces you wonder? Because my 14-month old car was just hit again! Driver's side swiped. Unreal. Figured they'd have the door pieces removed to paint anyways, they can just install for me. Two non-fault accidents in 14 months. Soul Red might not be my color. Sorry, I digressed off topic.

So yeah, TascaParts. Hopefully they get it together.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I had my body shop remove them because the actual clips Mazda uses in this application are atypical clips, easy to break -- and wanted the OEM trim removed "intact." As I mentioned, as another member noted in his earlier post, if one is willing to just remove the OEM ones without concern as to sacrificing them in the removal process, there is no need for a body shop to remove them.

But whichever way one chooses, it is frist imperative the window goes down, and second the protective horizontal masking is placed next to (immedaitely above and below) the molding at both ends, and then have at it.

·
New Guy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well then. I ordered the black window trim pieces to replace my chrome ones on Monday thinking it'll get to me on time for the body shop. But two days later received this email:

"You’ll be happy to know that your order is being processed and should be on its way to you soon! We’re just waiting to receive one or more items from your shopping cart that required special ordering; as soon as those arrive at our warehouse (in about three to five business days), your order will be shipped to you."

Not very coherent or decisive. On the way soon yet waiting for one or more items, which can take 3 to 5 days. And I only ordered four items. I guess I'll just be patient.

Why a body shop to install these simple pieces you wonder? Because my 14-month old car was just hit again! Driver's side swiped. Unreal. Figured they'd have the door pieces removed to paint anyways, they can just install for me. Two non-fault accidents in 14 months. Soul Red might not be my color. Sorry, I digressed off topic.

So yeah, TascaParts. Hopefully they get it together.

Unfortunately, in my experience that email meant that they didn't have my parts and didn't know when the order would be shipped. I would follow up over phone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've had good results with both Tasca and Quirk.

The only Tasca transaction I've had was an in-person pickup order for Volvo body parts. Tasca's pricing and the desire to save on shipping drove that transaction. All I remember about how long it took is that...I don't remember how long it took, so it wasn't long enough to bother me. Tasca called when they had the parts in-house, and I went down and picked them up.

Quirk is local to me, it's a one-day UPS delivery, and I've had no issues with the orders I've placed with them. Quirk's prices are good, the closest dealer is an hour away, and so it doesn't make any sense to drive for two hours for parts that I can have delivered the next day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tasca has been around a long time, maybe good once but they are terrible now.

FYI Tasca is doing business under several aliases. One of them is GetOEMParts.com.

I order side retainers for a 2012 Fusion on April 28th. Should be here in 4 to 5 days. My local dealer has in stock, a common part on a common car for collisions. I throw in a few bolts ($1.95) with the order as a nice to have.

4 days later I get a message one bolt is is on "National backorder" and they want a response. I say just forget it, the only thing I really need is the side retainers. Why did they wait 4 days to tell me? A little loss of trust.

3 more days go by, I see the website says ANOTHER bolt is on backorder holding up the ENTIRE ORDER. Now a LOT OF MISTRUST. This time they did not even notify me via email or any other means.

I call, after waiting forever to get through (more lost trust) I tell the guy forget it, I just need the retainers. Anything else on the order that is not immediately in stock just drop it. He says I'll get it in 3 more days.

6 more days go by, I check the website again. NOTHING HAS SHIPPED!!! I try to call and can't get though. I leave a call back number and no response. I now have complete and total loss of trust in this company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts