2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gals/girls

How often do you wash your rides. I wash twice a week on Wednesday and Sundays outside rain or shine.
I use two buckets one to rinse and one to wash..... Then shamy dry.

What products do you use.
How often do you wash your ride?
Does your neighbour give you wired looks when your washing in the rain?

This is my 2nd posting as we'll..... Does that make me a troll now?

·
Registered
296 Posts
welcom sheldon,

i use the two buckets method too

im using Gwash from gtechniq and meguiars quick wax

actually... i ve never wash mine in the rain.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
This is still my second posting as WELL*
Does that make me a grammar nazi?

I wash mine once a week, on either Saturday or Sunday with Meguiar's wash. Interested in chemical guys once I finish up these next 2 bottles. I vacuum and wipe down the interior, as well as invisible glass on the windows. Wax once a month. I saw a method on here that I liked where you wash half the roof with one side of the washer, and the other half with the other side, go back to bucket, half one side of windshield, half other and so on seems to work really well.
Also shammy it dry sometimes use a leaf blower to get all the water out of the cracks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
I usually wash whenever the car is dirty and its a decent day. Since technically I do not DD the car (I can walk to the train station), I can keep it clean longer.

I am quite a fan of the Meguiar's products. I tried a whole bunch of different products with my G35 (some you can get at a store, others you have to order online) and I liked Meguiar's the best (especially their ultimate line). Typically, I use the Ultimate Wash and Wax, then follow up with the ultimate quick detailer or quick wax for added protection.

In late spring I will be doing a full detail, although I will use Zaino for the polish as that has the best protection of anything I used.

Finally, I get weird looks too from my neighbors. I use a leaf blower to dry my car.

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Twice a week?! That's some serious dedication... :shocked:

I wash once every one or two months depending on how dirty it looks, and fully detail twice a year.

·
ZOOM- ZOOM
18 Posts
i wash mine 2x a week i use autoglym wash and wax and detailer. I use black magic tire shine that stuff is amaziing puts a high gloss on the tires and lasts for weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great info guys... nice to see some different thoughts, and products you like to use.. I use my car for work, outside sales, so I always like to have a shine to the wheels... Dam sunny 3 wash and wax twice a week? now thats passion... I thought you wax your car every 6 months or so? I think the best part of washing the car, gives me some time to myself, even if its only 20 mins or so.. kind of peaceful.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Mhmm I agree too I usually have some music playing too but it's really relaxing

And yeah if you wax it too often it's said to take off the clear coat of the paint

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
570 Posts
I used to wash mine once a week when it was new (first new car), but now I'm lucky if I wash it once a month. My commute gets it dirty after only 1 or 2 days of driving!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ah.. Nice to see that some people have the same disease :D

Neighbors gave me weird looks when I tried to wash it in freezing weather.. And family got concerned when I whipped out a microfiber & detail spray after a 2hr drive to touch up the front when I went to visit. Then I found a coin op that has warm water. We have been best buddies since then ;)

2 buckets with grit guards, Adam's shampoo and a detail spray wipedown while drying with a waffle weave. It's therapy to me, all year long.

And the girlfriend always caresses the buttery smooth paint any chance she gets. She has come to terms with my obsession & now shares pictures of beads, wet and frozen. She "gets" it :D

·
ZOOM- ZOOM
18 Posts
The car wash i use is wash and wax i only wax maybe once or twice every 6 months. I love cleaning my car. When i bought it i used to wipe her down every time i drove it. But i usually keep her clean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good reads to all.....nice to feel normal. I have a 3 year old daughter and at times the inside looks like a bomb went off...food soothers dolls shoes Ect...if I wait tell the end of the week rainbow fur will grow on the Tim hormone bagel that was left on the back floor... I remember washing in winter it was -10 was so awsome water droplets would freeze...

Yes neighbours giver odd looks.... But I know somewhere someone is saying that guy really takes care of his cars, I have skyactiv sedan and wife has skyactiv hatchback...I clean both...

·
1,577 Posts
The car wash i use is wash and wax i only wax maybe once or twice every 6 months. I love cleaning my car. When i bought it i used to wipe her down every time i drove it. But i usually keep her clean.
My usual routine after buying new is 4 months later I do full wash, wax, clay, polish . My cars are garaged at home and at office. They are never driven in rain

Thus washing them fully every 24 months work..I have a car that hasn't been washed in 52 months, looks brand new.

It's all about maintaining ...

Quick detail after drive saves me the wash per week.....

My kid doesn't eat in car, no one in my family does. On long road trip we pill over and eat at restuarant.we never drink.in car.

I broke up with my fiance of 4 years because the Bitch never learned not to open and and close all my frameless Windows wig her fingers on the window.

·
Mazda God
307 Posts
I wash, wax, polish, and eventually vacuum the floor inside.

I used to wash my car twice a week when I bought my Mazda 3 in 2009 it's definitely a good thing but I'm just too lazy now

Now I just wash my car once every month haha or whenever there's a bunch of bird crap Errrr....!

:carwash:

·
ZOOM- ZOOM
18 Posts
My usual routine after buying new is 4 months later I do full wash, wax, clay, polish . My cars are garaged at home and at office. They are never driven in rain

Thus washing them fully every 24 months work..I have a car that hasn't been washed in 52 months, looks brand new.

It's all about maintaining ...

Quick detail after drive saves me the wash per week.....

My kid doesn't eat in car, no one in my family does. On long road trip we pill over and eat at restuarant.we never drink.in car.

I broke up with my fiance of 4 years because the Bitch never learned not to open and and close all my frameless Windows wig her fingers on the window.
Sorry to hear that man. But i agree its all about maintaining wow never seen rain nice wish my baby never seen rain or snow but its my daily so... But no one eats or drinks in my car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts