2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in Texas for 7 mos. and don't eat barbeque as much as I thought I would, so I was craving some last night and went to go pick some up.

On the way back, I have to turn around on a 60 mph highway and the left turn lane is only 5 ft long (exaggeration but it was short) so there was some" moderate" braking involved. BBQ is sitting on the pass. seat and falls forward from being tall. What's on the top? A styrofoam container (with a poorly-sealed plastic lid) with BBQ sauce. It of course comes out and empties itself all over my pass. side floormat. No where to pull over, nothing in the car to help me clean it until I get home (about 30 min away). FACK. Once I get home I scoop up the sauce with some shop towels, but its sunk enough in there that even with a few rounds of Resolve carpet cleaner, theres still some left in there.

I've never washed floormats in my washing machine, so I'm wondering if that's a viable option? Thoughts anyone? Any other alternatives? I hate having a car that's been 6-year-old'd since I'm 24 w/ no kids

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I've sprayed my mats with the hose to clean t hem before! A nice power wash might help get everything out.

On a side not, at least the car will smell good from the BBQ!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions...I want to avoid having my car smell like old food, even if it is barbeque..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually have washed mine in a washer before. I did it the day I was selling and old car to someone, so I can't speak if it lesses their longevity. But I can tell you they looked cleaner!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I immediately bought the all weather mats the day I bought the car and put them in. I haven't even driven with the carpet mats in.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I immediately bought the all weather mats the day I bought the car and put them in. I haven't even driven with the carpet mats in.
Im with you here. I am thinking of changing over to the weathertech catch-alls now as I do not clean my car all the time like I used to back in the day. To the OP, bring them to a laundry mat and use their equipment. You may also meet someone killing two birds with one stone! :tongue:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im with you here. I am thinking of changing over to the weathertech catch-alls now as I do not clean my car all the time like I used to back in the day. To the OP, bring them to a laundry mat and use their equipment. You may also meet someone killing two birds with one stone! :tongue:
If you get the weathertec, let me know how they fit. I was thinking of getting those but wasn't sure how the fit would be. I do like the OEM mats, but the weathertecs are the best I think. The OEM ones don't catch as much liquid I imagine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts