2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i wash my car and use water It continue to lock and unlock Doors...Is It normal? There Is a way to evitate this?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 Turbo HB, 2016 Fiesta ST X57-R, 2007 RX-8 Sport
23 Posts
I just keep the key far enough away to prevent it from sensing it.

There is a procedure to put a key to sleep but I’ve never bothered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Key Is in my pocket and i cant put It away because i was at the car wash

·
Registered
393 Posts
There's a setting to auto lock... you could disable that during the wash to stop the car from auto locking the doors

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's a setting to auto lock... you could disable that during the wash to stop the car from auto locking the doors
You'd drain your battery or get the "Low Battery Risk. Start vehicle to charge 12v" warning (2021 models) if you kept your car unlock for more than 30 minutes while washing as this would prevent the car's electrical control area network from going to sleep according to the service alert issued last month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why yes … my car (2021 Mazda 3 sedan) does this too!! I think the pressure washer sets off the sensors on the door handles. Haven’t figured out a way to alleviate it, but will try keeping the key far away as I do wash the car at home.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is normal... I had the same issue with my '09 Mazda 6. Basically, the car thinks you are touching the handle and it then locks/unlocks the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I always fear that I could be locked out doing that?
The outside lock and unlock sensors are disabled when key is inside. I have the Canadian GT with smart key and can confirm this is indeed the case — literally just tried this today washing car.

If in doubt, just try it — put key inside on seat or centre armrest, and try locking or unlocking from outside — there should be no response. If paranoid, try this with physical key blade on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Put the key inside?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Put the key inside the house. I put mine on the roof of the car in the garage along with my phone.

The CX-30 forum has a long thread of batteries going dead while washing their cars.

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
166 Posts
I am curious, what does the stealership service department say about this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts