2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a washer fluid sensor in my car.

The factory wiring diagram is included with the windscreen washer fluid sensor connected to the "2S" input of the FBC module.

For low liquid level, switch on the switch lock and the "2S" input of the FBC module to the ground.

I plugged the "2S" of the FBC module into the ground, but there was no low level warning on the IC and MZD monitors.

How do I activate this feature??

Thx! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Interesting. I made this Operation in my old M6 GG and it worked as described. i put the signal to GND and the light lit up. I wonder why one would bother deactivating this in software.

·
Registered
830 Posts
@Radioactive:
Interesting - I also want to add the washer fluid-level sensor to my 2016 EU CX-5 (FW 56.00.513C EU), because the connector for the sensor to PIN 2S and ground already exists. But sensor itself, grommit and hole for it are missing. I tested the same way as you did... but I also do not get the level warning (not in MZD & not in instrument-display). Keep me posted, if you find a solution - I will do the same.

As far as I know the old models without MZD had an LED-Light in the instrument, which lighted up - perhaps this worked in the earlier days... but with MZD and instrument lcd-display (at least at my cx-5) it does not work. Perhaps something has to be programmed in the FBCM or MZD.

Edit1: Please read this thread - it seems as if there is no solution for showing the indicator in the instrument or MZD (for cars with MZD). Others already tried with technicans.

Edit2: I will continue the topic of trying to program the IC (instrument cluster) module for the washer-fluid level sensor in this thread.

Edit3: Programming works - see here. But I have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yesterday I successfully activated the Low Washer Liquid Level Warning!
Thank you!
My car is: Mazda 3 EU 2014,
Do you have pre-installed connector for the sensor?
I'm on the same project but will replace and washer reservoir with larger one and with hole for the sensor.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I also want to replace my small 2,5 liter washer tank with the large 4 liter one and install the sensor @ my CX-5. In my small tank I would have to drill a hole with the correct diameter - and thats a little too tricky for me. That`s why I chose the large tank. I think that the larger tank always has an additional hole for the headlight cleaner washer motor, which has to be sealed or filled with the motor. This hole has a grommet, which I plan to seal with strong glue (like this).
Screenshot_20180204-004908.jpg

The part numbers I plan to order are:

KD3567488 Sensor
KD3767491 Grommet for Sensor
KD3567481 4L-Tank
KD5367491 Grommet for headlight cleaner washer motor (which I do not want to install, but have to seal it)

Perhaps this part link also helps you somehow.

And here you can find how to change the tank @ a CX-5. And here how to remove the front bumper @ a CX-5. Perhaps it`s the same at other cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
no, unfortunately sensor in the tank Can you show pictures?
Yes, i will post a pictures once the parts are arrived.
As i know Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 ( mine 2016 AT, full extras ) have the same reservoir. I already purchase from the previous mode with xenon lights. I just have to block the hole for front light pump.

As per My dealer this reservoir should be fit to my Mazda as well.
The US/Canada models have such but with different part number.

My question is if your car have proper connector already in place. I have one connector which is not connected anywhere, so i suspect this is for level sensor.

Anyway, i will post an update once i'm ready :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
During another project I had the front bumper of my cx-5 removed yesterday and made some photos of the small (2,5L?) washer fluid tank. I do not have headlight cleaners installed. Perhaps these photos help someone someday.

20180225_112653.jpg 20180225_112706.jpg 20180225_112724.jpg 20180225_112659.jpg

·
Registered
830 Posts
Today I received the ordered products (list in post #7) for my CX-5. Luckily the hole for the headlight cleaner washer motor in the tank is not open. So the grommet for headlight cleaner washer motor seems to be not necessary. In a first bathtub test the closed hole and the grommet around the sensor were both waterproof. I measured approx. 5.1-5.3 liters and approx. 200-300 ml after the sensor should signal low level. After installation I report again. Please remember that parts for a Mazda3 might be different.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Today I removed the small washer tank and installed the big one with new washer liquid level sensor in my cx-5:

01 small vs big tank .jpg 02 be careful with liquid (new tank already installed).jpg 02 remove liquid from tank.jpg 03 washer liquid level sensor.jpg 04 washer liquid level sensor.jpg 05 washer motor.jpg 06 washer motor.jpg 07-1 washer motor with grommet.jpg 07-2 washer motor - remove grommet.jpg 07-3 put grommet in first - then the motor - thats easier.jpg 08 ensure tightness.jpg 09 extension for ratchet is helpful .jpg 10 empty new big tank.jpg 11-0 tank holds without screws due to notches.jpg 11-1 notch.jpg 11-2 notch.jpg 12 IC text when tank empty.jpg 13-1 refill tank.jpg 13-2 refill tank.jpg 14 full tank.jpg 15 full tank - white on top of blue is also liquid.jpg 16 be careful with filling.jpg 17 no IC text when tank is full.jpg 18 Delete DTCs in PSM_MZ via forscan - occur because I did not disconnect negative term of batte.JPG

Hints:
- Check before buying parts if sensor connector is pre-installed
- Check before buying parts if programming is possible - otherwise no message in the instrument appears.
- Washer motor is pretty tight in its hole. Use gloves and pull with force.
- All 3 screws can be removed - the tank is hold in place by nothes
- Ratchet extension is helpful (min. 10-12 cm)
- I drained the old liquid via the top hole of the tank and removed the washer motor afterwards
- Check grommets after installation
- Be careful with filling the tank - not only the blue was liquid - also the white - so do not overfil the tank
- I did not disconnect the negative term of the battery. And I checked with an empty tank if the IC message showed up - while the front bumper with its parking sensors was removed. Thus DTCs in PSM_MZ module showed up - delete them with ForScan after the front bumber is installed again.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this project possible!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great work, congratulations !!!

I am currently waiting for a warmer temperature (now -17 degrees in Hungary) I have ordered the liquid sensor already!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great work, congratulations !!!

I am currently waiting for a warmer temperature (now -17 degrees in Hungary) I have ordered the liquid sensor already!
Tomorrow i will replace washer fluid reservoir with new one with hole for the sensor and will post the picture as well.
My car is Mazda 6 2015 2.5 AT full available extras.

I ordered these parts:

TANK,WASHER | GHP9-67-481 | $26.70
SWITCH,LEVEL | KD35-67-488 | $23.55
GROMMET,WASHER | KD37-67-491 | $3.81
GROMMET,WASHER | G22C-67-491 | $1.91

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered the parts for my cx-5 which are mentioned in post #7 at a german online store: www.teile-profis.de.

But I paid way more than BatkoVanko for his parts...

Mine was ordered from MOTORS HEAD JAPAN
here is the link:
MOTORS HEAD JAPAN | Export Japanese Auto, Diesel, Motorcycle Parts

Total amount with delivery to Bulgaria was $80,73 plus customs charge round 15$.
The price for original parts from there are much cheaper than from local dealers.
For example TANK,WASHER | GHP9-67-481 is around 70 Euro from the dealer. Here is the current prince from MHJ
http://www.parts-sale.jp/MAZDA GHP9-67-481?search=GHP9-67-481

Cheers :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yesterday I successfully activated the Low Washer Liquid Level Warning!
Thank you!
My car is: Mazda 3 EU 2014,
Could you post your value in forscan, mine's only show icon in IC, don't show the message in small display (where the gas tank level show)...

Thank and best regard!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts