2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter about the SSP B6 for ghost touching issue on the infotainment. See attached.
MVIMG_20190818_195218.jpg

Has anyone already got it replaced? What firmware version will it be? Will I still be able to use AIO/AndroidAuto?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just got a letter about the SSP B6 for ghost touching issue on the infotainment. See attached.
View attachment 273024

Has anyone already got it replaced? What firmware version will it be? Will I still be able to use AIO/AndroidAuto?
I just got one as well but I haven't seen this problem. Good to have the extended warranty though in case it appears.

There is a second page with a form and instructions for how to file a claim for reimbursement if you already have had this problem repaired at your own expense.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my letter today. Mazda made my day, week, and probably month with this! :p I've grown tired of having to keep my screen on the IELOOP screen. I'll probably call the dealer later this week to set something up!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a custom background and aio tweaks installed, do i need to revert back to stock, or is it fine the way it is. Im guessing i could just change the wallpaper back to stock to make it less suspicious.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It took me 4 dealer visits and about a dozen phone calls to Mazda corporate to get this done under CPO warranty. Less than a year later it is a recall, I just got my letter too. lol Mazda ......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i called and they said they need to "diagnose" the issue. will they upgrade to v .70x and mess up AIO/Android Auto?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer said the same, but their "diagnosis" was just to verify that I have an affected part number and see that the ghost touch was happening. Replacement screens are on 2-3 month backorder here. When they get one in I plan to put notes everywhere saying Don't Change The Software.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a custom background and aio tweaks installed, do i need to revert back to stock, or is it fine the way it is. Im guessing i could just change the wallpaper back to stock to make it less suspicious.
How did you get the customization done? I am looking for a few simple changes for my 2019 3 and don’t know where to start.

·
Registered
499 Posts
@DPAcpa: You have to do the serial access first, before you can install AIO Tweaks from www.mazdatweaks.com. If your MZD firmware (MZD homescreen -> settings -> system -> about -> version) is between 59.00.502 and 70.00.100 (including these) you can do the old serial access (ID7v1): www.mazdatweaks.com/serial. If you have MZD firmware 70.00.335 you have to do the new one for ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. All on your own risk.

·
Registered
499 Posts
@enlil: You are right. I forgot about the new MZD II at the Mazda 3 2019. There is no way to use AIO Tweaks with this system so far. Thanks for this correction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts