2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been addressed in here already but I couldn't find it.

Almost 100% of the time, when I connect my iPhone through bluetooth to listen to music, it sounds terrible. It sounds jumbled, cuts in and out, and it's so bad sometimes I can't even recognize the song. But when my husband gets in my car and connects his android phone, it almost never does that. I know the car is more android friendly but what can I do to make my music play properly?

Is this something an infotainment update could fix? I haven't brought the car back to the dealer since I bought it last November. I know that's a long time to ignore the problem but I've had the satellite radio and haven't been bothered enough to get it fixed before now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
From what I've seen on the forums, the iphone and ipods work best plugged in to one of the USB ports. You should be able to take any of your iphone cables and plug your phone in to the car with it. It seems like you'll be able to scroll through the music folders on the phone as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm curious where you have you iphone when the bad sound is happening. I've found that when I have my phone in my left pocket I get static on Bluetooth audio. But as soon as I move it out of my pocket I get clear audio. Don't know if this has anything to do with your issue but something to think about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll try plugging it in. I don't think it has anything to do with my phone location. I've had it in my purse, in my pocket, in the cup holder, on the seat next to me, on that rubbery thing in front of the shifter. It's just a crappy connection.

Also...I've never had a problem with the bluetooth when talking on the phone. So I thought that was weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts