2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all of you.

Since Android Auto is still not here officially, I might try to install navigation in my 2016 CX-5. Since I live in Canada, no way I will pay 400$ for a SD card.

Last time I checked about "hacking" the navigation unit, it was needed to change something in the head unit so it would match the S/N of the sd card.

Is that operation still needed? Or can the contrary be made, hacking the SD card so it would work in my car?

I managed to read a lot, especially here github.com/diorcety/mazda3/wiki/NNG-CID-patching#establish-connection

If you can point me where to read on this, here or elsewhere, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it comes with the AIO tweak.

So from your answer, I must hack the system to access Navigation?

There is no way around...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I personally have not done it. But from my understanding installing Android auto is not as much a hack as it is just knowing you could do it. I believe the procedure just involves putting some files on a USB stick and your infotainment Center we'll install it.

Whereas the true infotainment Center hacks you are actually reflashing the system.

Personally I love the in-car navigation. It's only downside is that you must know the address. But if you're using your phone and can install Android auto easily and that's okay with you, then that's the direction you may want to start with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you're right. I might try to install Android Auto, knowing it's a tweak and that, from what I can read, it's removable.

So it won't affect warranty or update at the dealer.

And I'm pretty sure Google Maps or Sygic (if compatible) might be better updated than Mazda....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts