2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello alll, Im John, and Im from Upstate NY. After owning 16 Volkswagens, I figured I would try something different. On Wed I pick up a '14 3 Grand Touring 6 speed. Looking forward to learning about my new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello alll, Im John, and Im from Upstate NY. After owning 16 Volkswagens, I figured I would try something different. On Wed I pick up a '14 3 Grand Touring 6 speed. Looking forward to learning about my new car.
I too have been a long VW enthusiast but got very discouraged from the TDI scandal. I also picked up a 3 Grand Touring 6 speed. So far it feels and drive good. Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too have been a long VW enthusiast but got very discouraged from the TDI scandal. I also picked up a 3 Grand Touring 6 speed. So far it feels and drive good. Congrats on the new car.

I will be parking my tdi until the buyback. I need tires and my inspection is up. I dont feel discouraged or betrayed, i love my tdi and VW. I have my 89 jetta coupe to play with still. Overall i wasnt impressed with vw's current lineup, and wanted to try something new. I was very impressed with the 3's ride and handling. The interior amenities are top notch as well. I think the only thing ill have to get used to is the difference in torque. We were definitely spoiled by our tdis in that dept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome aboard - I enjoy hearing impressions from those coming from other long term brand relationships. Good choice...sounds like you have the 2.0?? ...since in 2014 they didn't offer the manual 6 speed with the 2.5.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Probably just a set of wheels and springs. Its a daily and I have my 89 Jetta coupe that Im working on.

Wheels really help the look of this car IMO, i'm not a fan of the stock 16's myself, on this or the last generation. The big wheel craze is a bit out of control, but it sure helps this car look good with a set of 18's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will be parking my tdi until the buyback. I need tires and my inspection is up. I dont feel discouraged or betrayed, i love my tdi and VW. I have my 89 jetta coupe to play with still. Overall i wasnt impressed with vw's current lineup, and wanted to try something new. I was very impressed with the 3's ride and handling. The interior amenities are top notch as well. I think the only thing ill have to get used to is the difference in torque. We were definitely spoiled by our tdis in that dept.

That's exactly how I feel about mine. Even with the 2.5 the torque is very low compared to the diesel. It has great torque on the higher RPMs but lags a lot if the RPMs are low. Can't go uphill on 6th gear below 80 mph. Nice, clean looking car though. I won't be going to crazy with mods either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 2.0 isnt too bad so far. Im having a little trouble finding the right seating position. The clutch engagement is very different. As far as wheels, id like a set of 18's with a little dish on them. Ill think about that after the winter. How are these cars in the snow?

·
Working Class Hero
3,603 Posts
Mount Blizzaks on your stockies and have at it! Had no issues last winter with snows.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts