2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess there’s a bolt on supercharger kit from VT available for the n/a 2.5 Mazda 3?

I guy has it installed on his 4th Gen Mazda 3 AWD. It baselined about 150whp (car wouldn’t run all four wheels on the dynojet). With the kit installed, he made just over 230whp. Probably can pick up another 20-40whp once he gets the supporting mods installed on the car and the tune dialed in.

It’s probably more cost effective to just buy the turbo model, but it’s nice to see more aftermarket support for the 4th Gen, not that I plan on modding mine anytime soon. I could see this being fun for guys with a 6MT car.

· Banned
DramaTuned 2.0 with CorkSport bolt ons
74 Posts
Keep in mind the supercharger has been out for years and those 2 230wHP dyno pulls are the highest numbers they have reached. Hoping the turbo related upgrades will pair with more ECU tuning options to raise the power ceiling on the 4th gens.

· Registered
'18 Mazda3 GT Supercharged
4 Posts
The information posted above by the banned individual is not accurate, and I don't know why they said that given that Corksport engineers have already mutually agreed on numbers for the Supercharger kit with the earliest adopter @WoodinvilleDan:

Establishing actual peak HP expectations for the 2.5L boost kits, to stop the bickering and focus on what's unique about a given build. CS Turbo +75-120wHP <-> VT Super +50-95wHP
CS Turbo +45-75% wHP <-> VT Super +30-65*% wHP

Barett Strecker and I have conferred using first hand real world experience with two 2016 Mazda6s w/ AT, same Dyno.
To rule out the variability of different Dyno configs we are only talking in terms of power gained over pre-boost baselines.

Note: expected power ranges in a given config, some builds will exceed, or miss, those ranges depending on specifics. Also, there is no concrete data yet on the upper power ranges of the Super kit.

VT Super:
+50-60wHP w/ stock or bundled tune
+70-80wHP w/ custom tune
+80-95wHP w/ tune + small pulley (*unconfirmed upper limit yet)

CS Turbo:
+70-85wHP w/stock exhaust
+85-95wHP w/ 60mm exhaust
+110-120wHP w/ 80mm exhaust

very little data on the 2.0s yet so I can't speak to projections there.

Additionally this is the only boost kit that actually has 3rd party independent dyno results. It's important to focus on the power GAIN, not the only the topline number, as it's the only way to actually accurately measure dyno results that will vary wildly between types and location.

· Registered
2012 Mz3 Sky & 2016 Mz6
178 Posts
I guess there’s a bolt on supercharger kit from VT available for the n/a 2.5 Mazda 3?

I guy has it installed on his 4th Gen Mazda 3 AWD. It baselined about 150whp (car wouldn’t run all four wheels on the dynojet). With the kit installed, he made just over 230whp. Probably can pick up another 20-40whp once he gets the supporting mods installed on the car and the tune dialed in.

It’s probably more cost effective to just buy the turbo model, but it’s nice to see more aftermarket support for the 4th Gen, not that I plan on modding mine anytime soon. I could see this being fun for guys with a 6MT car.
the Turbo model unfortunately only makes about 224wHP, and the Supercharger is on track to be hitting 260wHP with the great progress being made with the tuning.
(The 2.5T is really slow compared to my car, not even close)

· Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
1,568 Posts
the Turbo model unfortunately only makes about 224wHP, and the Supercharger is on track to be hitting 260wHP with the great progress being made with the tuning.
(The 2.5T is really slow compared to my car, not even close)
My 3's NA 2.0L wants a shot at Dan's 260WHP monster... maybe if i lose another 200lbs i'll keep up ;)

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts