2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. New to the forum.

Picked up my new Mazda3 i Touring yesterday. got the moonroof/Bose system. i had the dealer install the mazda factory Sirius radio as well.

After listening to the stereo system all day I am noticing something and I am wondering if I need to have it looked at by the dealer that installed the unit. When I run the iPod through the AUX jack, or even listen to regular radio, I seem to get more volume without turning the radio all the way up. If the volume control goes to say '60', I can get a nice full sound at 15 or so. When I put on the Sirius satellite radio, it seems like I have to turn the system way up, say in the 30 range, to get it louder and full. Has anyone else had this issue? Is that how they all are? i have never had sirius, but i assumed its a powered signal and that it would be plenty loud, cd quality.

couple other issues on my mind with the car.

-road noise- i supposed this is the tires being cheap?

-i read that the display on the Mazda3 will show you miles per gallon, average speed, etc. I cannot seem to find that on my digital display. I assume this is only for the 'S' models?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
cd quality
unfortunately, this is an incorrect assumption...i've had this issue on every car with satellite. it's just not as high a quality signal as CD, or even FM really in my opinion.

as far as the display, maybe it is just S models because mine has it (2010 3s)

·
Registered
732 Posts
When I am listening to Sirius I also notice that I have to turn up the volume a lot more than other sources. Just seems to be the way it is.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
i's don't have the MID (multi informational display) so we don't get all those fancy schmancy features of MPG, tire pressure, etc... DARN IT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine does the same thing. With the radio you don't have to turn it up very loud but with a cd you have to turn it up to about 30 to get a decent loud sound. Thought it was me....but I haven't tried my ipod yet.

·
KingOf3rdInput
70 Posts
I have Sirius on a handfull of things, and it's the same story on all of em. The volume always has to be a little higher than what you would have for an ipod or cd.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I noticed the quality of the sound from Sirius was also average at best. I looked on their website and you can pay extra to have "Cd Quaility" sound, like an extra 3 or 4 bucks a month or something. I bet the signal from Sirius is at 96 kbps for default subscriptions, and paying extra bumps it to 128 kbps. I dunno what that would do about the volume issue, but it might reduce the tinny sound of the music.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts