2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this.

When I mute the volume of the radio (FM, AM, Bluetooth, etc) and then turn off the car, the volume comes back on the next time I start the car. I've never had an infotainment system in a car insist upon being heard like this one lol.

I know that I can turn the entire system off but then I cannot use any of the features of the infotainment system. I simply want to be able to mute whatever I was listening to and not have it unmute when I turn the car back on as there are many times I don't want to listen to anything while I'm driving. If you are in and out of the car multiple times it becomes frustrating to have to mute the sound every time you start the car. Especially if I am on Bluetooth with Spotify for example. If I mute the song it pauses it, but every time the car starts it is unmutes, thus unpausing the song as well. I could turn the volume all the way down but in the case of my Spotify example the songs would continue to run.

First world problems, I know. But does anyone have a solution for this besides turning the whole system off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You'd have to turn the audio system off rather than the entire infotainment system. Go into audio > source > turn off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd have to turn the audio system off rather than the entire infotainment system. Go into audio > source > turn off.
Hmm, ok. That seems a bit tedious. Wish it would just stay muted when starting the car like every other car I've owned lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The shortcuts I use to get to the source menu are either holding the
1. source button on the steering wheel, or
2. music button the the centre console.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not trying to be facetious but why don’t you just scroll the volume all the way down before you exit the vehicle that way volumes down and you could use all the functions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The shortcuts I use to get to the source menu are either holding the
1. source button on the steering wheel, or
2. music button the the centre console.

Edit: holding the source button on the steering wheel changes source to "off" , so nothing plays on startup....volume can be left alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts