2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I'm about to join the club, starting January 5th. Can't wait!

With that said, I've been reading lots of reports that if you mute the voice navigation, it still pauses music/radio when she "would have" spoken.

Last I could find was from April on the forum, where it hadn't been fixed yet.

So, does anyone know if this is still an issue? And if so, has Mazda acknowledged it at all?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi everyone.

I'm about to join the club, starting January 5th. Can't wait!

With that said, I've been reading lots of reports that if you mute the voice navigation, it still pauses music/radio when she "would have" spoken.

Last I could find was from April on the forum, where it hadn't been fixed yet.

So, does anyone know if this is still an issue? And if so, has Mazda acknowledged it at all?

Thanks in advance.
I'm running v33 and the problem is fixed. I believe it was fixed starting with v31 of the infotainment software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, that's great!

Now I just hope the dealer in my country will be able to supply the newest firmware.

·
Registered
75 Posts
do the dealers normally have updates for the Navigation?
The Infotainment software is all one module, including the navigation portion, and the dealer is the only official place to get it updates.

If you are asking about maps, you can do that on your own from your PC. Updates are free for a specified time period. I updated my map card right after picking up the car. For the US market, the map card also includes Canada and Mexico. I was watching the update proceed and noticed a file downloaded with data for Nunavut! I assume it was a small file -- how many roads do they have up there and how would you even get to them? :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts