2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
that's a shame...those are nice...they remind me of a cross beween tc105n and ultraleggera
Yea I like those sharp skinny spokes.. But oh well.. There is a BBS set I want but I have mixed feelings about it.. Ran into another set of TC105N off an Evo but it was 18x9.5 so I passed on that.. Hunting for wheels.. hopefully I'll run into something good.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
I went to get alignment done had to use -1.5 in the fronts and -1.8 in the rears. I scrape on bumps and dips. Getting the rears rolled today. Oh and I have the 18 x 8.5 as well
i run more camber than that, might be ok. if i have to roll em, no big deal

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It should...however, it does occasionally happen where during the swap (if the installer is less than careful, for example), the little washer bit can get deformed or other pieces may get deformed/damaged. If that does happen, you just need a TPMS rebuild kit (Tire Rack has them for $3 a set so $12 for a set of 4, your mounter/balancer may have them too). Technically they recommend using a TPMS rebuild kit whenever transferring, but that is a failsafe recommendation. Under normal circumstances, a transfer will be fine. I have done straight transfers and used the kit and have had 100% success rate across my (gulp) 6 sets of wheels I've had on this car LOL!

EDIT: If you have purchased wheels or tires from tirerack before, they may even send you a set of 4 rebuild kits for free. Last time I called to check the appropriate model number on the kits and they just sent it no charge once they saw I was a customer.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts