2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking in to upgrading the 7440 turn signals in the front and rear to some kind of LED.

I've already grabbed one off amazon but it was not nearly as bright as my stock turn signal bulb... 35$ maybe not enough....

was checking out VLeds and was curious if anyone else has the 7443 led turn signals from them.

here are the two options, one is more orange

http://i.imgur.com/lyKENlv.png

on this pageHigh Performance LED Turn Signals - VLEDS Bulbs for Cars & Trucks

personally, im really interested in getting something in a deep orange rather than a yellow, but i dunno of I'm gunna have to sacrifice brightness to do so...

from the page it looks like the orange ones are listed as only 170 lums vs 360 lums for the yellow ones..... ideally i would be able to buy something that is very bright and have a deep orange at the same time.... but im not sure where to look...

if anyone has compared the brightness on these please let me know... if the orange ones are as bright as my stock bulbs then ill be fine with that, but not if they are less bright than stock...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If I were to get those, I would get the HVA ones. They look a little yellower than the stock halogens. If you want brightness, then I think the HVA is the ones to get. I like the lighter orange color than the deep orange tho lol I think if you bump up the brightness of the deep orange ones, it'll get more yellow since the deep orange is more towards the dark side so I really doubt the deep orange ones are going to be much brighter than stock if any.

I don't have the VLED one but I did switch my front and rear turn signals to LEDs. I got the ones with built in resistors and they work pretty well. Really bright too. When I first got them I was kind of afraid it might get too much attention at night lol

These are the ones I got, they cost a bit cheaper than the VLEDs

No Hyper Flash 7440 LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs, Plug-N-Play Style

Color wise, mine are more like the HVA ones and are pretty bright. Also made a short video showing them :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3BdnT7deS4

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the vleds for over a year now. They are of high quality, worth the price, and they are bright. I will be buying Vleds all my future car turn signals. One bad thing about led turns signals are that they require resistors that do get hot while in operation. But the light quality from these vled platinums are worth it .

They are a little more orange in the day but the intensity of the lights are bright enough to be seen without being too harsh to other drivers at night .

·
Registered
249 Posts
Would recommend the HV amber, they are brighter but not as yellow as stock or other amber LED color, a little towards warm white instead of gold. I have them on the front of my 2014 S Touring for 6 months now and they work great and look really good.

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
lol... so I was gunna go check out The Retrofit Source Inc but apparently both Google and my browser Firefox are telling me that it's a malicious attack site....

Guess they've been installing stuff secretly... and they're fog lights were so nice.... too bad...
If you check their facebook page they had a problem with someone messing with the site, but its fixed now. You just have to ignore the warning.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So I got the platinum.... very nice.... good color, I would say that one is slightly less bright and darker orange than the other... still good...

compared to the Stock incandescent bulbs, they might be slightly less bright, but ONLY when the incandescent bulb reaches its PEAK brightness... because it FADES UP and then FADES DOWN....

But since the LEDS Go On and Off full bright with no fade... they are brighter for longer....

now I have a new problem though....

Hyper Flashing.... lmao....

I'm wondering if these 10w 10ohm resistors I have will be enough to deal with the hyper flashing....

videos ive seen use 50 watt 5 ohm.... but its just a turn signal.... I dunno if it will be enough though...

EDIT:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L4V9ECY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went a bought these comes with all I need I guess.... for only 8.99

hope its the right thing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.